What to feed a 1 yr old?

lilismom

When my daughter was younger I made philo dough pockets quite a bit. You put butter between each layer of dough so they are loaded with fat. I filled them with chicken pot pie filling and just cut up the chicken really small she loved them!

lilismom

When my daughter was younger I made philo dough pockets quite a bit. You put butter between each layer of dough so they are loaded with fat. I filled them with chicken pot pie filling and just cut up the chicken really small she loved them!

thefrogprincess

Chatty, if the Resource is too rich for your guy try deluting it then slowly cut back on how much you delute it. It will give his tummy time to adjust.

Anyhoo....I don't have kids but going back to babysitting days, when my cousin was that age she would eat chunks of ham and cheese until the cows came home! You could also put peanut butter on banana chunks. A good dip for fruit that is plenty fattening also is equal parts cream cheese and marchmallow fluff whipped together. Use that as more of a treat though cuz its sweet.

thefrogprincess

Chatty, if the Resource is too rich for your guy try deluting it then slowly cut back on how much you delute it. It will give his tummy time to adjust.

Anyhoo....I don't have kids but going back to babysitting days, when my cousin was that age she would eat chunks of ham and cheese until the cows came home! You could also put peanut butter on banana chunks. A good dip for fruit that is plenty fattening also is equal parts cream cheese and marchmallow fluff whipped together. Use that as more of a treat though cuz its sweet.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

izemmom

In recent days Em has been loving to eat anything that can be stuck on the end of a pretzel stick. She did this when younger, and we kind of forgot about it, until I did it in desperation to get her to eat SOMETHING the other day. The last few days she has had pretzle "kabobs" with hot dogs, cheese cubes, acrambled eggs, salami, fish stick chunks...it it sticks, she'll eat it. Until tomorrow, of course.

Also, I was surprised to see her eat a 7-layer taco dip made for a party on the 4th. It's simple and really too high fat to be for anyone but cf'ers (But, of course it was made for everyone else at the party...LOL). Just layer refried beans, browned, ground beef, sour cream, quacomole, shredded cheese, onions, tomatos, olives...Eat it at slightly room temp for best taste and "dipability". I'm not sure most kids would like it, but she's been eating it with a spoon and loving it! You can easily leave out anything they don't like.

Teddy Grahms dunked in yogurt is another current favorite.

We've kind of been having fun experimenting with lots of new things lately. Trying to add some pounds before the next clinic visit. I'll let if we discover any other "keepers."

izemmom

In recent days Em has been loving to eat anything that can be stuck on the end of a pretzel stick. She did this when younger, and we kind of forgot about it, until I did it in desperation to get her to eat SOMETHING the other day. The last few days she has had pretzle "kabobs" with hot dogs, cheese cubes, acrambled eggs, salami, fish stick chunks...it it sticks, she'll eat it. Until tomorrow, of course.

Also, I was surprised to see her eat a 7-layer taco dip made for a party on the 4th. It's simple and really too high fat to be for anyone but cf'ers (But, of course it was made for everyone else at the party...LOL). Just layer refried beans, browned, ground beef, sour cream, quacomole, shredded cheese, onions, tomatos, olives...Eat it at slightly room temp for best taste and "dipability". I'm not sure most kids would like it, but she's been eating it with a spoon and loving it! You can easily leave out anything they don't like.

We've kind of been having fun experimenting with lots of new things lately. Trying to add some pounds before the next clinic visit. I'll let if we discover any other "keepers."

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

Oh! The puppy chow! I don't think I've mentioned the puppy chow yet! Our dietician actually suggested that we make the puppy chow everyone makes at Christmas (Rice Chex, peanutbutter, chocolate, powdered sugar) and give her that instead of granola bars for snack. MOre calories. She loves it!

izemmom

Oh! The puppy chow! I don't think I've mentioned the puppy chow yet! Our dietician actually suggested that we make the puppy chow everyone makes at Christmas (Rice Chex, peanutbutter, chocolate, powdered sugar) and give her that instead of granola bars for snack. MOre calories. She loves it!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom