Who do you want as your next US president?

bittyhorse23

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sdavis227</b></i>

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm#uslPageReturn
">http://www.usatoday.com/news/p...m#uslPageReturn
</a>

There's another quiz from USA Today if anyone is interested.</end quote></div>

I'm a registered Democrat but apparently McCain is my guy...oh boy I think I am gonna need to do alot of research before November!

bittyhorse23

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm#uslPageReturn
</a>

I'm a registered Democrat but apparently McCain is my guy...oh boy I think I am gonna need to do alot of research before November!

bittyhorse23

</a>

bittyhorse23

</a>

There's another quiz from USA Today if anyone is interested.</end quote>

bittyhorse23

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm#uslPageReturn
<br />">http://www.usatoday.com/news/p...m#uslPageReturn
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />
<br />There's another quiz from USA Today if anyone is interested.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I'm a registered Democrat but apparently McCain is my guy...oh boy I think I am gonna need to do alot of research before November!
<br />
<br />

Brad

I got to go with Sen Clinton.....I just don't trust obama an Mccain is an old war monger...

don't everybody get mad at once,,,

I would vote for Bill again, if he could run.........

Brad

I got to go with Sen Clinton.....I just don't trust obama an Mccain is an old war monger...

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br />
<br />
<br />don't everybody get mad at once,,,
<br />
<br />I would vote for Bill again, if he could run.........

robert321

get your facts straight brad, bill can run again, it says you can't serve more than 2 consectutive terms but after you've been out a term, you can come back in if you can get elected

robert321

get your facts straight brad, bill can run again, it says you can't serve more than 2 consectutive terms but after you've been out a term, you can come back in if you can get elected

robert321

robert321

robert321

I

IG

Um.. the 22nd amendment to the constitution specifically states that he can't.

"1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term."

Roosevelt served for more than 2 terms but that was before this was enacted. In 1951 when this was ratified and Truman was president he could have gone for a third term (and attempted to do so) because he was the sitting president when this was enacted. Clinton however cannot run for president again because he's already served twice (2 full terms) in the capacity of president.

I

IG

"1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term."

Roosevelt served for more than 2 terms but that was before this was enacted. In 1951 when this was ratified and Truman was president he could have gone for a third term (and attempted to do so) because he was the sitting president when this was enacted. Clinton however cannot run for president again because he's already served twice (2 full terms) in the capacity of president.

I

IG

I

IG

I

IG

<br />
<br />"1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term."
<br />
<br />Roosevelt served for more than 2 terms but that was before this was enacted. In 1951 when this was ratified and Truman was president he could have gone for a third term (and attempted to do so) because he was the sitting president when this was enacted. Clinton however cannot run for president again because he's already served twice (2 full terms) in the capacity of president.