Who do you want as your next US president?

Emily65Roses

That's a really stupid argument. Sorry, but that's like saying "Hey if we let them queers marry, soon we'll be letting people marry their goats or kids."

What's the difference between letting someone marry their same sex partner or multiple partners? Simple. MORE THAN ONE PERSON. You just said it.

As for being discriminated against because you don't want to marry your baby's father, that's not discrimination. If a lesbian wants to marry her same sex partner (that is, legally commit), they get their rights. If you don't want to marry your baby's father, that's your problem. If you're willing to put in the same legal commitment that that lesbian couple is, then you get the same benefits. Simple as that.

Emily65Roses

That's a really stupid argument. Sorry, but that's like saying "Hey if we let them queers marry, soon we'll be letting people marry their goats or kids."

What's the difference between letting someone marry their same sex partner or multiple partners? Simple. MORE THAN ONE PERSON. You just said it.

As for being discriminated against because you don't want to marry your baby's father, that's not discrimination. If a lesbian wants to marry her same sex partner (that is, legally commit), they get their rights. If you don't want to marry your baby's father, that's your problem. If you're willing to put in the same legal commitment that that lesbian couple is, then you get the same benefits. Simple as that.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Sakem

You still don't say why marrying more than one person is wrong. I am being discriminated against. I want to marry two guys and smoke marijuana, right now I can't do either legally. I wonder which one you could go to jail for longer, bigamy or drug use?

Sakem

You still don't say why marrying more than one person is wrong. I am being discriminated against. I want to marry two guys and smoke marijuana, right now I can't do either legally. I wonder which one you could go to jail for longer, bigamy or drug use?

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Emily65Roses

I didn't say it was wrong. I said it was different. I don't know or care if it's wrong. Only problem I can see with that is that insurance would have to pay for each spouse, so if someone married like 5 people, insurance is paying for a lot more crap than they otherwise would. Which clearly, they're going to be against.

And I have no idea whether polygamy or marijuana use has a bigger punishment.

Emily65Roses

I didn't say it was wrong. I said it was different. I don't know or care if it's wrong. Only problem I can see with that is that insurance would have to pay for each spouse, so if someone married like 5 people, insurance is paying for a lot more crap than they otherwise would. Which clearly, they're going to be against.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Sakem

Yes, well my reasoning does not support marrying kids or goats. But your insurance point is really what this whole point is about. Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways. Not all gay people want to be able to get married just like all heterosexual people don't chose it. It's not for everyone. And some can't. Like a friend of mine, if she remarries, she will lose her husbands monthly pension benefit check. That's why I say we should just do away with marriage, except if u want to do it for religious purposes, and change everything to civil unions. Kind of like a contractual things, then when u want out of the relationship, either hetero or homo relationship, you end the contract. Really what does marriage do any differently for you. Non-married couples can still get the same rights with power of attorneys and wills and such.

Sakem

Yes, well my reasoning does not support marrying kids or goats. But your insurance point is really what this whole point is about. Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways. Not all gay people want to be able to get married just like all heterosexual people don't chose it. It's not for everyone. And some can't. Like a friend of mine, if she remarries, she will lose her husbands monthly pension benefit check. That's why I say we should just do away with marriage, except if u want to do it for religious purposes, and change everything to civil unions. Kind of like a contractual things, then when u want out of the relationship, either hetero or homo relationship, you end the contract. Really what does marriage do any differently for you. Non-married couples can still get the same rights with power of attorneys and wills and such.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem