Who do you want as your next US president?

bittyhorse23

Marriage is supposed to be two people commiting to spending the rest of their lives together. If you want to be with more than one person marriage isn't for you.

And as for the benefits of a gay couple you have to be seen as a couple. If my friend and I lived together we could not get benefits for each other just because we are both female and live in the same house. We would have to prove that we were "together" as a couple. And alot of companies don't offer benefits to spouses and families anyway. My company you have to pay for spouse and family and civil union partners. There is no difference.

You are NOT being discrimiated against. If the lesbian couple was allowed to get married they would and it would be the same as you marrying a male. But because it is NOT ALLOWED they have the right to get the same benefits as a couple who IS ALLOWED to get married. The only difference is there are loop holes with same-sex benefits. They can say they are together and life-partners because they don't need to actually go through the whole marriage ceremony. While men/women need to actually marry to get the benefits. If same-sex marriages were allowed in all states then there would be no reason that a "life-partner" should exist. Either get married or live with the perosn for the rest of your life. But then only married couples could claim each other as spouses. It's not discrimination...it's a$$ backwards.

Your friend who will loose her benefit check from her husband if she remarries, that is a good thing. What the government is saying is "for all these years you had so-and-so to help with the bills so here is money to help with your loss." If she gets remarried then of course she is going to loose the Pension!! She doesn't need it anymore! And if she isn't getting remarried just because of that reason she needs to do some serious soul searching. There is a heck of a lot more to life than just money!

No offense but your arguments are ridiculous. They are besed on selfishness and not the true reason of marriage.

That's just my two cents.

bittyhorse23

Marriage is supposed to be two people commiting to spending the rest of their lives together. If you want to be with more than one person marriage isn't for you.

And as for the benefits of a gay couple you have to be seen as a couple. If my friend and I lived together we could not get benefits for each other just because we are both female and live in the same house. We would have to prove that we were "together" as a couple. And alot of companies don't offer benefits to spouses and families anyway. My company you have to pay for spouse and family and civil union partners. There is no difference.

You are NOT being discrimiated against. If the lesbian couple was allowed to get married they would and it would be the same as you marrying a male. But because it is NOT ALLOWED they have the right to get the same benefits as a couple who IS ALLOWED to get married. The only difference is there are loop holes with same-sex benefits. They can say they are together and life-partners because they don't need to actually go through the whole marriage ceremony. While men/women need to actually marry to get the benefits. If same-sex marriages were allowed in all states then there would be no reason that a "life-partner" should exist. Either get married or live with the perosn for the rest of your life. But then only married couples could claim each other as spouses. It's not discrimination...it's a$$ backwards.

Your friend who will loose her benefit check from her husband if she remarries, that is a good thing. What the government is saying is "for all these years you had so-and-so to help with the bills so here is money to help with your loss." If she gets remarried then of course she is going to loose the Pension!! She doesn't need it anymore! And if she isn't getting remarried just because of that reason she needs to do some serious soul searching. There is a heck of a lot more to life than just money!

No offense but your arguments are ridiculous. They are besed on selfishness and not the true reason of marriage.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

CFersCousin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

I am being discriminated today as a straight female. If I worked at our large local college, my same sex life partner would qualify for my benefits, but since I am not a lesbian, I am discriminated against and my babies daddy who lives with me as my life partner, can't get my benifits, because we are not married......why is that....I don't want to marry him.</end quote></div>

Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways.</end quote></div>

It all depends on individual states since there are no current federal guidelines that state what a domestic partnership is. Here in Arizona I was able to get on my boyfriend's (now husband for several years) insurance as a domestic partner since we lived together. It also depends on if the insurance company offers domestic partner insurance.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://personalinsure.about.com/od/health/a/dp101.htm">Domestic Partner Health Insurance 101</a>

CFersCousin

I am being discriminated today as a straight female. If I worked at our large local college, my same sex life partner would qualify for my benefits, but since I am not a lesbian, I am discriminated against and my babies daddy who lives with me as my life partner, can't get my benifits, because we are not married......why is that....I don't want to marry him.</end quote></div>

Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways.</end quote></div>

It all depends on individual states since there are no current federal guidelines that state what a domestic partnership is. Here in Arizona I was able to get on my boyfriend's (now husband for several years) insurance as a domestic partner since we lived together. It also depends on if the insurance company offers domestic partner insurance.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://personalinsure.about.com/od/health/a/dp101.htm">Domestic Partner Health Insurance 101</a>

CFersCousin

CFersCousin

I am being discriminated today as a straight female. If I worked at our large local college, my same sex life partner would qualify for my benefits, but since I am not a lesbian, I am discriminated against and my babies daddy who lives with me as my life partner, can't get my benifits, because we are not married......why is that....I don't want to marry him.</end quote>

Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways.</end quote>

CFersCousin

I am being discriminated today as a straight female. If I worked at our large local college, my same sex life partner would qualify for my benefits, but since I am not a lesbian, I am discriminated against and my babies daddy who lives with me as my life partner, can't get my benifits, because we are not married......why is that....I don't want to marry him.</end quote>

Why is it that a woman can have another woman live with her and have tax money provide her insurance, but if she has a man living with her it will not cover him? That's all I'm saying, it should go both ways.</end quote>

robert321

Hey we've all been talking about who we think should be the next president, this is a 14 question quiz type thing, they go around a lot but go ahead and take it to see who best agrees with your beliefs, you might be suprised and then again it might be dead on with who you are already supporting, i know it was dead on with me

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460">http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460</a>

robert321

Hey we've all been talking about who we think should be the next president, this is a 14 question quiz type thing, they go around a lot but go ahead and take it to see who best agrees with your beliefs, you might be suprised and then again it might be dead on with who you are already supporting, i know it was dead on with me

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460">http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460</a>

robert321

robert321

robert321