Whoa!

L

Lety

Most of the time I feel upbeat. I try not to think about it and I know my constant desire to stay busy and doing things is to keep me from thinking. I get so busy taking care of all her needs. Living in constant fear can be debilitating. What really bothers me is that people around us just ignore our situation. My MIL who is the only family I have in town doesn't even aknowledge our situation. I don't want people feeling sorry for us but some compassion and help would be nice.

L

Lety

Most of the time I feel upbeat. I try not to think about it and I know my constant desire to stay busy and doing things is to keep me from thinking. I get so busy taking care of all her needs. Living in constant fear can be debilitating. What really bothers me is that people around us just ignore our situation. My MIL who is the only family I have in town doesn't even aknowledge our situation. I don't want people feeling sorry for us but some compassion and help would be nice.

L

Lety

L

Lety

L

Lety

dasjsmum

definitely have my moments. i suppose because I already have two grown up children with cf it makes a big difference. We wouldnt have had any more children but they were so healthy when they were teenagers.
The thing that really hit me was when we found out our third child had type 1 diabetes on top of the cf. That gutted me for months. As long as things are going well I'm okay, but when S gets sick I do have difficulty coping.

I am pretty positive most of the time though, and S is a fantastic kid who takes everything in his stride. I can relate to you to Lety, people are pretty ignorant of the issues others have with all kinds of disabilities...it's all hidden, so people dont know how hard and isolating the whole thing can be at times...

edited to say...not that I really think of Cf as a disability. Ofcourse it can be when people are really sick..I was generalising but refering to the reality for us of constant treatments and stress, hospitals etc. People dont really understand how that is.

I remember when my older brother's daughter was diagnosed with a type of bone cancer (she recovered and is fine now), and he said to me that he understood how I felt when we found out oour kids had cf.

dasjsmum

definitely have my moments. i suppose because I already have two grown up children with cf it makes a big difference. We wouldnt have had any more children but they were so healthy when they were teenagers.
The thing that really hit me was when we found out our third child had type 1 diabetes on top of the cf. That gutted me for months. As long as things are going well I'm okay, but when S gets sick I do have difficulty coping.

I am pretty positive most of the time though, and S is a fantastic kid who takes everything in his stride. I can relate to you to Lety, people are pretty ignorant of the issues others have with all kinds of disabilities...it's all hidden, so people dont know how hard and isolating the whole thing can be at times...

edited to say...not that I really think of Cf as a disability. Ofcourse it can be when people are really sick..I was generalising but refering to the reality for us of constant treatments and stress, hospitals etc. People dont really understand how that is.

I remember when my older brother's daughter was diagnosed with a type of bone cancer (she recovered and is fine now), and he said to me that he understood how I felt when we found out oour kids had cf.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

<br />The thing that really hit me was when we found out our third child had type 1 diabetes on top of the cf. That gutted me for months. As long as things are going well I'm okay, but when S gets sick I do have difficulty coping.
<br />
<br />I am pretty positive most of the time though, and S is a fantastic kid who takes everything in his stride. I can relate to you to Lety, people are pretty ignorant of the issues others have with all kinds of disabilities...it's all hidden, so people dont know how hard and isolating the whole thing can be at times...
<br />
<br />edited to say...not that I really think of Cf as a disability. Ofcourse it can be when people are really sick..I was generalising but refering to the reality for us of constant treatments and stress, hospitals etc. People dont really understand how that is.
<br />
<br />I remember when my older brother's daughter was diagnosed with a type of bone cancer (she recovered and is fine now), and he said to me that he understood how I felt when we found out oour kids had cf.

Dea

From an older CFer's point of view...and a mom as well. I can totally relate to wondering about the future of your child...but I look at it in a different way. I know that one day she will be doing those things..going to high school, prom, getting married...but my worry is that "Am I going to be there?"
But I can tell you from my point of view as a CFer...I live each day to the fullest. I won't lie and say that my life has been easy...because it hasn't...but I also will tell you that it has made me a better person because of it. I take each day as it comes and do what I can to stay healthy. When I was born in 73..I was never expected to live to be a teen. Today I am 36 and have beat the odds as many of us adults on here have. I dont want to say your daughter is lucky, but being born in the technologies that we have today, the future is very bright! I am still hopeful!
Dea

Dea

From an older CFer's point of view...and a mom as well. I can totally relate to wondering about the future of your child...but I look at it in a different way. I know that one day she will be doing those things..going to high school, prom, getting married...but my worry is that "Am I going to be there?"
But I can tell you from my point of view as a CFer...I live each day to the fullest. I won't lie and say that my life has been easy...because it hasn't...but I also will tell you that it has made me a better person because of it. I take each day as it comes and do what I can to stay healthy. When I was born in 73..I was never expected to live to be a teen. Today I am 36 and have beat the odds as many of us adults on here have. I dont want to say your daughter is lucky, but being born in the technologies that we have today, the future is very bright! I am still hopeful!
Dea

Dea

Dea

Dea

Dea

Dea

<br />But I can tell you from my point of view as a CFer...I live each day to the fullest. I won't lie and say that my life has been easy...because it hasn't...but I also will tell you that it has made me a better person because of it. I take each day as it comes and do what I can to stay healthy. When I was born in 73..I was never expected to live to be a teen. Today I am 36 and have beat the odds as many of us adults on here have. I dont want to say your daughter is lucky, but being born in the technologies that we have today, the future is very bright! I am still hopeful!
<br />Dea

DEES4

I think that every mom with a child that has been diagnosed with CF or any serious disease has felt the way you describe. I know I have my moments. I try to stay positive and for the most part I do a pretty good job of it. But then there are those moments when I watch him sleep or while watching him play that I let my mind go places that I don't like. I truly do believe that he will live a long good life and I feel so blessed that he is mine.

DEES4

I think that every mom with a child that has been diagnosed with CF or any serious disease has felt the way you describe. I know I have my moments. I try to stay positive and for the most part I do a pretty good job of it. But then there are those moments when I watch him sleep or while watching him play that I let my mind go places that I don't like. I truly do believe that he will live a long good life and I feel so blessed that he is mine.

DEES4

DEES4

DEES4