yet another neb cleaning question

V

valigirl21

I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!

V

valigirl21

I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What to do, what to do? The following was taken from the CF Care Center at Stanford (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it">http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it</a> states that air drying IS sufficient... </end quote></div>

This seems too relaxed for me. I wash, sterilize and dry nebs,masks, inhalers and aerochambers twice a day after treatments, once in am and once in pm.

It has become a habit and I am a creature of habit and organization. If I only sterilized once or twice a week I would probably forget to do it.

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What to do, what to do? The following was taken from the CF Care Center at Stanford (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it">http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it</a> states that air drying IS sufficient... </end quote></div>

This seems too relaxed for me. I wash, sterilize and dry nebs,masks, inhalers and aerochambers twice a day after treatments, once in am and once in pm.

It has become a habit and I am a creature of habit and organization. If I only sterilized once or twice a week I would probably forget to do it.

flatfordl

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What to do, what to do? The following was taken from the CF Care Center at Stanford (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it">http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it</a> states that air drying IS sufficient... </end quote>

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What to do, what to do? The following was taken from the CF Care Center at Stanford (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it">http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/)...it</a> states that air drying IS sufficient... </end quote>
<br />
<br />This seems too relaxed for me. I wash, sterilize and dry nebs,masks, inhalers and aerochambers twice a day after treatments, once in am and once in pm.
<br />
<br />It has become a habit and I am a creature of habit and organization. If I only sterilized once or twice a week I would probably forget to do it.

hopefulmommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>valigirl21</b></i>

I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!</end quote></div>

I do the same thing! I had a germ guardian, but it quit on me, in less than a year of use - I think DH put wet things in there and ruined it. It was nice though, because you KNEW things got dried!

hopefulmommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>valigirl21</b></i>

I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!</end quote></div>

I do the same thing! I had a germ guardian, but it quit on me, in less than a year of use - I think DH put wet things in there and ruined it. It was nice though, because you KNEW things got dried!

hopefulmommy

hopefulmommy

I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!</end quote>

hopefulmommy

<br />
<br />I actually use a microwave sanitizer to clean my son's neb. I haven't melted anything (knock on wood) with the atomic microwave yet. I wanna know more about this germg aurdian thing?!</end quote>
<br />
<br />I do the same thing! I had a germ guardian, but it quit on me, in less than a year of use - I think DH put wet things in there and ruined it. It was nice though, because you KNEW things got dried!

amber682

My MIL actually bought me a Germ Guardian for Christmas, hoping it would make my life easier (love her!). I have a really good digital meat thermometer, I put it on there and ran a cycle. The temp slowly climbed to 150.4 F, then slowly back down. I did a little research on the internet and found this:

Temperature
170 degrees C (340 degrees F) - 1 hour
160 degrees C (320 degrees F) - 2 hours
150 degrees C (300 degrees F) - 2.5 hours
140 degrees C (285 degrees F) - 3 hours

It's nowhere near effective for sterilizing. And you can't put stuff in it wet, so I can't even use it to dry the nebs for me. I'll stick to boiling and dryiong on a bottle rack, and return the Germ Guardian. Maybe I'll use that money to buy a bunch of new nebs. That will make my life easier because I'll have to boil less often (not every night).

amber682

My MIL actually bought me a Germ Guardian for Christmas, hoping it would make my life easier (love her!). I have a really good digital meat thermometer, I put it on there and ran a cycle. The temp slowly climbed to 150.4 F, then slowly back down. I did a little research on the internet and found this:

Temperature

It's nowhere near effective for sterilizing. And you can't put stuff in it wet, so I can't even use it to dry the nebs for me. I'll stick to boiling and dryiong on a bottle rack, and return the Germ Guardian. Maybe I'll use that money to buy a bunch of new nebs. That will make my life easier because I'll have to boil less often (not every night).

amber682

Temperature

amber682

Temperature

amber682

<br />
<br />Temperature
<br />170 degrees C (340 degrees F) - 1 hour
<br />160 degrees C (320 degrees F) - 2 hours
<br />150 degrees C (300 degrees F) - 2.5 hours
<br />140 degrees C (285 degrees F) - 3 hours
<br />
<br />It's nowhere near effective for sterilizing. And you can't put stuff in it wet, so I can't even use it to dry the nebs for me. I'll stick to boiling and dryiong on a bottle rack, and return the Germ Guardian. Maybe I'll use that money to buy a bunch of new nebs. That will make my life easier because I'll have to boil less often (not every night).
<br />