Your FEV1 and pregnancy

Jeana

Pre for about 3 years prior to pregnancy: 75
One month before pregnancy: 80
During pregnancy consistently dropped until lowest point: 46 (3 hospitalizations)
Maybe in 50's when delivered
61 one day after delivering
81 one month after delivering
66 two months after delivery, but I blew at my allergist's office and they didn't have me do my breathing the same, so I'm unsure if it was accurate

About being high risk, I was considered high risk and the only "testing" they did was extra ultrasounds, which I frankly loved. I denied amniocentesis and other testing in womb. I wouldn't have gotten an abortion regardless. My husband had been carrier tested, though.

My weight was good to begin with and I gained about 30 pounds. That did not stop me from having lung problems during pregnancy, but the baby and I came out fine.

Jeana

During pregnancy consistently dropped until lowest point: 46 (3 hospitalizations)
66 two months after delivery, but I blew at my allergist's office and they didn't have me do my breathing the same, so I'm unsure if it was accurate

About being high risk, I was considered high risk and the only "testing" they did was extra ultrasounds, which I frankly loved. I denied amniocentesis and other testing in womb. I wouldn't have gotten an abortion regardless. My husband had been carrier tested, though.

My weight was good to begin with and I gained about 30 pounds. That did not stop me from having lung problems during pregnancy, but the baby and I came out fine.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />One month before pregnancy: 80
<br />During pregnancy consistently dropped until lowest point: 46 (3 hospitalizations)
<br />Maybe in 50's when delivered
<br />61 one day after delivering
<br />81 one month after delivering
<br />66 two months after delivery, but I blew at my allergist's office and they didn't have me do my breathing the same, so I'm unsure if it was accurate
<br />
<br />About being high risk, I was considered high risk and the only "testing" they did was extra ultrasounds, which I frankly loved. I denied amniocentesis and other testing in womb. I wouldn't have gotten an abortion regardless. My husband had been carrier tested, though.
<br />
<br />My weight was good to begin with and I gained about 30 pounds. That did not stop me from having lung problems during pregnancy, but the baby and I came out fine.

point

Prior to pregnancy FEV1 = ~104%
At 38 weeks FEV1 = 90%
At 5 weeks post-delivery FEV1 =105%

William was born on his due date, born vaginally, and weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. He is 13 weeks old now and I have my next check up in June.

point

At 38 weeks FEV1 = 90%
At 5 weeks post-delivery FEV1 =105%

William was born on his due date, born vaginally, and weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. He is 13 weeks old now and I have my next check up in June.

point

<br />At 38 weeks FEV1 = 90%
<br />At 5 weeks post-delivery FEV1 =105%
<br />
<br />William was born on his due date, born vaginally, and weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. He is 13 weeks old now and I have my next check up in June.

bec4t

Prior to pregnancy FEV 1 = 106%
At 23 weeks FEV 1= 103%
I go back at 37 weeks and will let you all know!
Before pregnancy I eighed 149, now at 26 weeks I have gained 20 lbs. I initially went to a high risk doc per my CF center but she said i wouldnt be considered high risk...however i am having ultrasounds at each appt to monitor the baby's development and so far all is well!

bec4t

At 23 weeks FEV 1= 103%
I go back at 37 weeks and will let you all know!
Before pregnancy I eighed 149, now at 26 weeks I have gained 20 lbs. I initially went to a high risk doc per my CF center but she said i wouldnt be considered high risk...however i am having ultrasounds at each appt to monitor the baby's development and so far all is well!

bec4t

<br />At 23 weeks FEV 1= 103%
<br />I go back at 37 weeks and will let you all know!
<br />Before pregnancy I eighed 149, now at 26 weeks I have gained 20 lbs. I initially went to a high risk doc per my CF center but she said i wouldnt be considered high risk...however i am having ultrasounds at each appt to monitor the baby's development and so far all is well!

AnnieT

My FEV1 score is 34% and reading everything here made me very depressed. I'm VERY blessed to have had a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy (minus the double pneumonia I contracted at 36 weeks!!) but I plan on having another baby and reading this makes me very sad.

AnnieT

My FEV1 score is 34% and reading everything here made me very depressed. I'm VERY blessed to have had a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy (minus the double pneumonia I contracted at 36 weeks!!) but I plan on having another baby and reading this makes me very sad.

AnnieT

LouLou

AnnieT, What was your FEV1 when you were pre, pregnant, and after birth as others have answered. Perhaps you'll inspire others!

LouLou

AnnieT, What was your FEV1 when you were pre, pregnant, and after birth as others have answered. Perhaps you'll inspire others!

LouLou