Age of Diagnoses and Age now

anonymous

Hello. I am 22 yrs old now, started having the symtoms at the age of 9 but the doctors only found out it was cf when i was 15, therefore, i only started on medication when i was that age. I've never been hospitalized, only done iv once,about 5 yrs ago or more. With cf everything is relative..

anonymous

Hello. I am 22 yrs old now, started having the symtoms at the age of 9 but the doctors only found out it was cf when i was 15, therefore, i only started on medication when i was that age. I've never been hospitalized, only done iv once,about 5 yrs ago or more. With cf everything is relative..

S

skh

My daughter was diagnosed at age 11 and will be 15 in March. Now looking back she always had symptoms but we just didn't catch on. She is doing so much better now that she is on enzymes and does her vest treatment 2x daily.

Sue

S

skh

My daughter was diagnosed at age 11 and will be 15 in March. Now looking back she always had symptoms but we just didn't catch on. She is doing so much better now that she is on enzymes and does her vest treatment 2x daily.

Sue

CowTown

Lynsey, I recommend talking to your children's CF doctor to ask for a genetic councelor. That's what I did about 10 years ago and they can tell you what kind of CF you have. They can determine whether your child has sever, moderate, mild, etc, as well as a lot of explanations to things. That might help you to anticipate the future a little better.

Good luck!

CowTown

Lynsey, I recommend talking to your children's CF doctor to ask for a genetic councelor. That's what I did about 10 years ago and they can tell you what kind of CF you have. They can determine whether your child has sever, moderate, mild, etc, as well as a lot of explanations to things. That might help you to anticipate the future a little better.

Good luck!

coltsfan715

Diagnosed on my 1sy b-day. I will be 24 this July. I go in the hospital about once a year and occasionally more if I get hit with a really nasty bug or have some other problem (i.e Diabetes, vasculitis, lung collapse, allergic reaction to meds). I was diagnosed with CF related diabetes when I was 17.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Diagnosed on my 1sy b-day. I will be 24 this July. I go in the hospital about once a year and occasionally more if I get hit with a really nasty bug or have some other problem (i.e Diabetes, vasculitis, lung collapse, allergic reaction to meds). I was diagnosed with CF related diabetes when I was 17.

Lindsey