Age of Diagnoses and Age now

Vampy

i was diagnosed like a few days after my birthing. Im 20 now. That would make sense thought...being diagnosed later in life and living longer....if they couldnt tell earlier in life means a less severe case of cf you would have.

Vampy

i was diagnosed like a few days after my birthing. Im 20 now. That would make sense thought...being diagnosed later in life and living longer....if they couldnt tell earlier in life means a less severe case of cf you would have.

MHfour

As the mother of a recently diagnosed infant thank you all for sharing this information. It definitely helps to read your positive stories when you're being bombarded with so much information that isn't positive.

MHfour

As the mother of a recently diagnosed infant thank you all for sharing this information. It definitely helps to read your positive stories when you're being bombarded with so much information that isn't positive.

ccfierro

I was not diagnosed until I was 52! Hard to believe - because I always had lung problems, I am now 64 & under wonderful care of the CF clinic in syracuse, NY. I am able to walk or swim daily, eat pretty food, sleep very well! And spend time with my 7 grandchildren. I am fortunate that I can spend 5/6 months in fl. for the winter. the cold, wind & snow use to keep me hibernating up North. down here I see sunshine almost every day, & get out in the fresh air daily. I feel blest. I do seem to tire much quicker than my peers.
Are there any other seniors out ther living with CF?

ccfierro

I was not diagnosed until I was 52! Hard to believe - because I always had lung problems, I am now 64 & under wonderful care of the CF clinic in syracuse, NY. I am able to walk or swim daily, eat pretty food, sleep very well! And spend time with my 7 grandchildren. I am fortunate that I can spend 5/6 months in fl. for the winter. the cold, wind & snow use to keep me hibernating up North. down here I see sunshine almost every day, & get out in the fresh air daily. I feel blest. I do seem to tire much quicker than my peers.
Are there any other seniors out ther living with CF?

anonymous

I was diagnosed at 6 months old, and given 3 months to live
by the time my cf was picked up I was in pretty bad shape
drs told my mum if I had of died they would have automatically blamed her,
putting it down to malnutrition and neglect
there was never any apologising for the misdiagnosis, they just said I was a spoilt baby that cried a lot
(my cf was picked up from my mum kissing me with cracked lips, the salt burnt her lips, she took this info
to the clinic sister who inturn went with my mum to the drs and demanded they test me for cf)
I was 6 months old and 9 pound
anyway Ive outlived all my life expectancies (and there was many)
Im almost 32 and still here, admittedly due to a dl tx
No one knows when your times up, and certainly not the Drs

Tracy

31 cf/dl tx 2002

anonymous

I was diagnosed at 6 months old, and given 3 months to live
by the time my cf was picked up I was in pretty bad shape
drs told my mum if I had of died they would have automatically blamed her,
putting it down to malnutrition and neglect
there was never any apologising for the misdiagnosis, they just said I was a spoilt baby that cried a lot
(my cf was picked up from my mum kissing me with cracked lips, the salt burnt her lips, she took this info
to the clinic sister who inturn went with my mum to the drs and demanded they test me for cf)
I was 6 months old and 9 pound
anyway Ive outlived all my life expectancies (and there was many)
Im almost 32 and still here, admittedly due to a dl tx
No one knows when your times up, and certainly not the Drs

Tracy

31 cf/dl tx 2002

anonymous

Female with CF. Diagnosed at 3 yrs of age...Now almost 38
My brother was diagnosed at a very young age too...he's 28 in 2 weeks. He's also on a lung transplant list..has less than 2 yrs to live if he doesn't get one.
My sister (30 yrs old) lucked out and the CF missed her but she has panic disorder and all that other awful stuff that comes with it.

anonymous

Female with CF. Diagnosed at 3 yrs of age...Now almost 38
My brother was diagnosed at a very young age too...he's 28 in 2 weeks. He's also on a lung transplant list..has less than 2 yrs to live if he doesn't get one.
My sister (30 yrs old) lucked out and the CF missed her but she has panic disorder and all that other awful stuff that comes with it.

anonymous

ccfierro,
Do you know what mutations you have? Just curious if they are linked to "milder" problems (I know, there is no such thing as mild CF!)

anonymous

ccfierro,
Do you know what mutations you have? Just curious if they are linked to "milder" problems (I know, there is no such thing as mild CF!)