Bad Fingernails

coltsfan715

Okay - I am so very glad that I came back to this thread and thank you Risa for posting that article.

Now that I read that I am thinking my issues was the Vitamin B - I also started taking the ABDEK post transplant - I take it everyday now versus when I would take it on occasion before transplant (never regularly). If that is a cause of the splitting that is/was probably my problem.

Good to know

Oh and I agree about the Jello - animal hooves kind of a turn off for me too lol.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Okay - I am so very glad that I came back to this thread and thank you Risa for posting that article.

Now that I read that I am thinking my issues was the Vitamin B - I also started taking the ABDEK post transplant - I take it everyday now versus when I would take it on occasion before transplant (never regularly). If that is a cause of the splitting that is/was probably my problem.

Good to know

Oh and I agree about the Jello - animal hooves kind of a turn off for me too lol.

Take Care,
Linds

mare

I had bad nail like that until I became "disabled." Now that I am not just hanging around, doing nothing, my nails are great.
I used to work in a hospital and the constant handwashing and wearing gloves all the time is what I was blaming. My meds are pretty much the same as they always were.

mare

I had bad nail like that until I became "disabled." Now that I am not just hanging around, doing nothing, my nails are great.
I used to work in a hospital and the constant handwashing and wearing gloves all the time is what I was blaming. My meds are pretty much the same as they always were.

mare

mare

mare

mare

Lilith

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Seems we all have bad nails ('cept for you, Debbie...you should be so lucky! ;p). I doubt my issue is a vitamin problem. I take two ADEK every single morning, plus the calcium supplement, plus an iron supplement. The only thing I haven't tried is magnesium (thanks for the suggestion, Lindsey!) and gelatin (which I do like, so maybe that may do something...).

Risa, thank you for the articles, by the way. Very informative!

Just a thought...but would the meds we take have anything to do with it? What do you guys think? Not that I would stop my meds just to make my nails look pretty, but it would be interesting to know.

Lilith

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Seems we all have bad nails ('cept for you, Debbie...you should be so lucky! ;p). I doubt my issue is a vitamin problem. I take two ADEK every single morning, plus the calcium supplement, plus an iron supplement. The only thing I haven't tried is magnesium (thanks for the suggestion, Lindsey!) and gelatin (which I do like, so maybe that may do something...).

Just a thought...but would the meds we take have anything to do with it? What do you guys think? Not that I would stop my meds just to make my nails look pretty, but it would be interesting to know.

Lilith

Lilith

Lilith

Lilith