Bad Fingernails

catboogie

hey lisa,

i don't know if i'm any help to answer this. i never had any trouble with my nails until the last year or so. i've had horrible breaking and chipping -- i am now walking around with 3/4 of a middle toe nail. they grow fine, but then sometimes just break in places that makes them seem weak. at the time it was really bad i thought it might be b/c i'd cut out meat except chicken. but i don't know. my vitamin levels are fine and i do take calcium, although i'm not sure either of those two things really help.

catboogie

hey lisa,

i don't know if i'm any help to answer this. i never had any trouble with my nails until the last year or so. i've had horrible breaking and chipping -- i am now walking around with 3/4 of a middle toe nail. they grow fine, but then sometimes just break in places that makes them seem weak. at the time it was really bad i thought it might be b/c i'd cut out meat except chicken. but i don't know. my vitamin levels are fine and i do take calcium, although i'm not sure either of those two things really help.

catboogie

hey lisa,

catboogie

hey lisa,

thefrogprincess

Put me down for sucky nails too. Vitamin E helps keep your nails strong so if your E is low your nails will be brittle. Gelatin is supposed to help too so eat your jello! You can actually buy gelatin pills too. Also try prenatal vitamins. Any woman of child baring age should take them even if you aren't trying to get preggers because the vitamins and minerals in them are greast for you, snd your hair and nails will be great. My nails grow like crazy since I started taking them.

thefrogprincess

Put me down for sucky nails too. Vitamin E helps keep your nails strong so if your E is low your nails will be brittle. Gelatin is supposed to help too so eat your jello! You can actually buy gelatin pills too. Also try prenatal vitamins. Any woman of child baring age should take them even if you aren't trying to get preggers because the vitamins and minerals in them are greast for you, snd your hair and nails will be great. My nails grow like crazy since I started taking them.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

JennifersHope

Me too.. My nails are paper like, peel away, chip and don't grow at all.. mY vitamin levels are low as well so maybe that is why., I also wash my hands at least 30 or more times a day when I am working...

Who knows...yuck that gelatin in ground up animal nails...

JennifersHope

Me too.. My nails are paper like, peel away, chip and don't grow at all.. mY vitamin levels are low as well so maybe that is why., I also wash my hands at least 30 or more times a day when I am working...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope