Birth control

JazzysMom

IMHO I think for someone as yourself the BC would be used for controlling PMS issues etc. rather then prevent pregnancy....

JazzysMom

IMHO I think for someone as yourself the BC would be used for controlling PMS issues etc. rather then prevent pregnancy....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Alyssa

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>detroitislove</b></i>

do you know if the nuvaring is ever perscribed to regulate periods?
i'm fairly ignorant about birth control except that my doc tried to put me on it once (a pill form) and i turned into a psycho bitch. but it's becoming more of nessicity now...</end quote></div>

Yes, that is why my daughter originally started off with the NuvaRing. She couldn't tolerate the pill or the patch..it was too much hormone in her body -- the NuvaRing is able to function on a very low dose of hormone because it is so close to the cervix.

Alyssa

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>detroitislove</b></i>

i'm fairly ignorant about birth control except that my doc tried to put me on it once (a pill form) and i turned into a psycho bitch. but it's becoming more of nessicity now...</end quote></div>

Yes, that is why my daughter originally started off with the NuvaRing. She couldn't tolerate the pill or the patch..it was too much hormone in her body -- the NuvaRing is able to function on a very low dose of hormone because it is so close to the cervix.

Alyssa

Alyssa

i'm fairly ignorant about birth control except that my doc tried to put me on it once (a pill form) and i turned into a psycho bitch. but it's becoming more of nessicity now...</end quote>

Alyssa

<br />
<br />do you know if the nuvaring is ever perscribed to regulate periods?
<br />i'm fairly ignorant about birth control except that my doc tried to put me on it once (a pill form) and i turned into a psycho bitch. but it's becoming more of nessicity now...</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes, that is why my daughter originally started off with the NuvaRing. She couldn't tolerate the pill or the patch..it was too much hormone in her body -- the NuvaRing is able to function on a very low dose of hormone because it is so close to the cervix.

SaltyAndSweet

For me, the nuva-ring has been the only thing that has regulated my periods. I absolutely love it.
FWIW, the Depo shot gave me ostiopenia. It reversed soon after I got off of it, not much changed. But while I was on it it was completely awesome! Worked like a charm.
Not that I am suggesting this as a trustworthy "form" of BC, but do you think it is harder for us CF women to get prego because of thick mucus blocking everything up? Something I have always wondered, but no one has been able to answer me.

SaltyAndSweet

For me, the nuva-ring has been the only thing that has regulated my periods. I absolutely love it.
FWIW, the Depo shot gave me ostiopenia. It reversed soon after I got off of it, not much changed. But while I was on it it was completely awesome! Worked like a charm.
Not that I am suggesting this as a trustworthy "form" of BC, but do you think it is harder for us CF women to get prego because of thick mucus blocking everything up? Something I have always wondered, but no one has been able to answer me.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />FWIW, the Depo shot gave me ostiopenia. It reversed soon after I got off of it, not much changed. But while I was on it it was completely awesome! Worked like a charm.
<br />Not that I am suggesting this as a trustworthy "form" of BC, but do you think it is harder for us CF women to get prego because of thick mucus blocking everything up? Something I have always wondered, but no one has been able to answer me.

detroitislove

Alyssa- Thanks so much, i'll have to ask my doc about it!
<br><br>
Salty and Sweet - A CF doctor from Harper Hospital in Detroit gave a speech on CF fertility once, and she spent an hour explaining why most CF men are infertile, and then spent 5 minutes saying "WOMEN! YOU CAN AND WILL GET PREGNANT. It's a myth that it's harder for you than normal people. You have just as much of a chance of getting pregnant as anyone else"
<br><br>
She was very clear, although she may have been overstating her case to make sure we all took proper percautions. I'm not sure.

detroitislove

<br><br>
Salty and Sweet - A CF doctor from Harper Hospital in Detroit gave a speech on CF fertility once, and she spent an hour explaining why most CF men are infertile, and then spent 5 minutes saying "WOMEN! YOU CAN AND WILL GET PREGNANT. It's a myth that it's harder for you than normal people. You have just as much of a chance of getting pregnant as anyone else"
<br><br>
She was very clear, although she may have been overstating her case to make sure we all took proper percautions. I'm not sure.

detroitislove

<br><br>
<br><br>

detroitislove

<br><br>
<br><br>

detroitislove

<br><br>
<br><br>