BOOOO side effects!!

ladybug

Hello,

So I just started cefepime, tobra and oral levaquin and already have had some "issues".

Just curious if any of ya'll have experienced anything similar to this with any of these meds:

1. TERRIBLE taste. As in, when the cefepime is running in and for hours after I have an awful taste in my mouth. Is there any way to get rid of this??

2. Visual "orbs" in the corner to middle of my eyes. Usually this happens when I'm infusion the med (cefepime usually), but it can happen at any point and can last 20-60 minutes. Its kinda like a migraine is going to start, but it doesn't. But, while it happens, it is nearly impossible to focus on TV, computer, anything.

Also, after these weird vision things, I usually get a little confused... Like its hard to making my mind figure out words, phrases and also even while I'm typing this, I'm noticing I am delete a lot of words and go back and put the word I meant to type. Its weird. Its almost like I can't quite figure out what I'm wanting to type. Hmm...

3. Nausea... I thew up last night after feeling particularily sick, which I haven't done in YEARS. The only thing I could deduct is that it was the meds. But, I never actually threw up, even though I'm often nauseated. How long should I expect this feeling to last?

4. Crazy fast heart rate.... We're talking 130 when laying on the couch and 150 when standing in the kitchen. My O2 sats are like 96-98 and whether or I wear O2 or not, my heart rate does not done not change.

Thanks everyone for any info you can give. This are just all kinda new side effects of me for just made sure they're "normal".

ladybug

Hello,

So I just started cefepime, tobra and oral levaquin and already have had some "issues".

Just curious if any of ya'll have experienced anything similar to this with any of these meds:

1. TERRIBLE taste. As in, when the cefepime is running in and for hours after I have an awful taste in my mouth. Is there any way to get rid of this??

2. Visual "orbs" in the corner to middle of my eyes. Usually this happens when I'm infusion the med (cefepime usually), but it can happen at any point and can last 20-60 minutes. Its kinda like a migraine is going to start, but it doesn't. But, while it happens, it is nearly impossible to focus on TV, computer, anything.

Also, after these weird vision things, I usually get a little confused... Like its hard to making my mind figure out words, phrases and also even while I'm typing this, I'm noticing I am delete a lot of words and go back and put the word I meant to type. Its weird. Its almost like I can't quite figure out what I'm wanting to type. Hmm...

3. Nausea... I thew up last night after feeling particularily sick, which I haven't done in YEARS. The only thing I could deduct is that it was the meds. But, I never actually threw up, even though I'm often nauseated. How long should I expect this feeling to last?

4. Crazy fast heart rate.... We're talking 130 when laying on the couch and 150 when standing in the kitchen. My O2 sats are like 96-98 and whether or I wear O2 or not, my heart rate does not done not change.

Thanks everyone for any info you can give. This are just all kinda new side effects of me for just made sure they're "normal".

ladybug

Hello,

ladybug

Hello,

ladybug

Hello,
<br />
<br />So I just started cefepime, tobra and oral levaquin and already have had some "issues".
<br />
<br />Just curious if any of ya'll have experienced anything similar to this with any of these meds:
<br />
<br />1. TERRIBLE taste. As in, when the cefepime is running in and for hours after I have an awful taste in my mouth. Is there any way to get rid of this??
<br />
<br />2. Visual "orbs" in the corner to middle of my eyes. Usually this happens when I'm infusion the med (cefepime usually), but it can happen at any point and can last 20-60 minutes. Its kinda like a migraine is going to start, but it doesn't. But, while it happens, it is nearly impossible to focus on TV, computer, anything.
<br />
<br />Also, after these weird vision things, I usually get a little confused... Like its hard to making my mind figure out words, phrases and also even while I'm typing this, I'm noticing I am delete a lot of words and go back and put the word I meant to type. Its weird. Its almost like I can't quite figure out what I'm wanting to type. Hmm...
<br />
<br />3. Nausea... I thew up last night after feeling particularily sick, which I haven't done in YEARS. The only thing I could deduct is that it was the meds. But, I never actually threw up, even though I'm often nauseated. How long should I expect this feeling to last?
<br />
<br />4. Crazy fast heart rate.... We're talking 130 when laying on the couch and 150 when standing in the kitchen. My O2 sats are like 96-98 and whether or I wear O2 or not, my heart rate does not done not change.
<br />
<br />Thanks everyone for any info you can give. This are just all kinda new side effects of me for just made sure they're "normal".

mom2lillian

I would let your doctors no, they will want to test kidney/liver functions I am sure. Also if nothing else they can give you an anti-nauseau med.

Levaquin gives me crazy weird dreams + insomnia and I have heard of others having issues like you are describing. I am on levaquin right now and one other thing to rememebr is that you have to be SUPER careful with your joints so you dont get a tendon injury/rupture.

mom2lillian

I would let your doctors no, they will want to test kidney/liver functions I am sure. Also if nothing else they can give you an anti-nauseau med.

Levaquin gives me crazy weird dreams + insomnia and I have heard of others having issues like you are describing. I am on levaquin right now and one other thing to rememebr is that you have to be SUPER careful with your joints so you dont get a tendon injury/rupture.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Levaquin gives me crazy weird dreams + insomnia and I have heard of others having issues like you are describing. I am on levaquin right now and one other thing to rememebr is that you have to be SUPER careful with your joints so you dont get a tendon injury/rupture.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

yeah, i'm already taking zofran. sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

my biggest worry is the blurriness and confusion. since i've only taken ONE dose of the levaquin i really didn't think it could be that, but maybe others who have experienced that may have something to add. and, i guess i can look forward to some crazy dreams?!? LOL.

as for the kidney/liver... they will do that once i've been on them a week.

i'd also heard that about the tendons, so i use that as an excuse to not be able to jog when i'm on it. LOL.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

my biggest worry is the blurriness and confusion. since i've only taken ONE dose of the levaquin i really didn't think it could be that, but maybe others who have experienced that may have something to add. and, i guess i can look forward to some crazy dreams?!? LOL.

i'd also heard that about the tendons, so i use that as an excuse to not be able to jog when i'm on it. LOL.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.
<br />
<br />yeah, i'm already taking zofran. sometimes it helps, sometimes not.
<br />
<br />my biggest worry is the blurriness and confusion. since i've only taken ONE dose of the levaquin i really didn't think it could be that, but maybe others who have experienced that may have something to add. and, i guess i can look forward to some crazy dreams?!? LOL.
<br />
<br />as for the kidney/liver... they will do that once i've been on them a week.
<br />
<br />i'd also heard that about the tendons, so i use that as an excuse to not be able to jog when i'm on it. LOL.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.

ladybug

thanks, Nicole.
<br />
<br />yeah, i'm already taking zofran. sometimes it helps, sometimes not.
<br />
<br />my biggest worry is the blurriness and confusion. since i've only taken ONE dose of the levaquin i really didn't think it could be that, but maybe others who have experienced that may have something to add. and, i guess i can look forward to some crazy dreams?!? LOL.
<br />
<br />as for the kidney/liver... they will do that once i've been on them a week.
<br />
<br />i'd also heard that about the tendons, so i use that as an excuse to not be able to jog when i'm on it. LOL.