BOOOO side effects!!

melx

i get tingly faced (especially sinuses) and flushed. have not gotten swollen lips though. and yes, waves is exactly how it feels for me as well. waves of odd sensations that come & go. weird stuff. do you get intermittent tunneling of vision? like darkness in the peripheral and then feel dizzy at the same time. that happened frequently with my last round of iv's.
anyway hang in there and rest up & if you can, eat some good old plain yogurt daily!

melx

i get tingly faced (especially sinuses) and flushed. have not gotten swollen lips though. and yes, waves is exactly how it feels for me as well. waves of odd sensations that come & go. weird stuff. do you get intermittent tunneling of vision? like darkness in the peripheral and then feel dizzy at the same time. that happened frequently with my last round of iv's.
anyway hang in there and rest up & if you can, eat some good old plain yogurt daily!

melx

melx

melx

<br />anyway hang in there and rest up & if you can, eat some good old plain yogurt daily!

ladybug

yes, melx! tunnelling of vision is what its like, exactly! the only thing is, there are flash-y like circles of lights that kinda are on the outside of the tunnel. its very odd.

today the docs took me off everything for 24 hours. they want to see what is doing it. they think both the tingly and the orbs are all neurological effects and are not good. they stopped levaquin entirely but am doing the tobra and cefepime again starting tomorrow.

i'm thinking its the cefepime though since that was when i felt the tingly... today, after i took levaquin, after a couple hours the tingly actually went away. so, it was there starting with my morning cefepime dose and then went away as the day went on, even after taking levaquin. hmmm... i'm HOPING its not the cefepime, but am fearful it is.

ladybug

yes, melx! tunnelling of vision is what its like, exactly! the only thing is, there are flash-y like circles of lights that kinda are on the outside of the tunnel. its very odd.

today the docs took me off everything for 24 hours. they want to see what is doing it. they think both the tingly and the orbs are all neurological effects and are not good. they stopped levaquin entirely but am doing the tobra and cefepime again starting tomorrow.

i'm thinking its the cefepime though since that was when i felt the tingly... today, after i took levaquin, after a couple hours the tingly actually went away. so, it was there starting with my morning cefepime dose and then went away as the day went on, even after taking levaquin. hmmm... i'm HOPING its not the cefepime, but am fearful it is.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />today the docs took me off everything for 24 hours. they want to see what is doing it. they think both the tingly and the orbs are all neurological effects and are not good. they stopped levaquin entirely but am doing the tobra and cefepime again starting tomorrow.
<br />
<br />i'm thinking its the cefepime though since that was when i felt the tingly... today, after i took levaquin, after a couple hours the tingly actually went away. so, it was there starting with my morning cefepime dose and then went away as the day went on, even after taking levaquin. hmmm... i'm HOPING its not the cefepime, but am fearful it is.

melx

the tingly feeling in my face usually only lasts the first few days of iv's and then eventually subsides. but it is a pretty intense & disturbing feeling . i had some camera like flashes as well ... they were unpredictable. again, weird stuff. those drugs can be so toxic but they are the only thing to help fight the infection. it is a difficult situation - a catch 22. i hope things get easier ... please keep me posted. pm if you want.

melx

the tingly feeling in my face usually only lasts the first few days of iv's and then eventually subsides. but it is a pretty intense & disturbing feeling . i had some camera like flashes as well ... they were unpredictable. again, weird stuff. those drugs can be so toxic but they are the only thing to help fight the infection. it is a difficult situation - a catch 22. i hope things get easier ... please keep me posted. pm if you want.

melx

melx

melx

M

MiddleAgedLady

I had so many issues with cefapime that is it now on my "banned" list. I will not take it if I can help it. I would wake up with the feeling that something was biting me where the PICC line was placed, all the way up my arm and in my chest. It was a sharp pain and just about drove me crazy. It would start after 2 doses. First I thought it was the PICC line itself but when we changed to azactam, the sharp biting pain went away. I always thought it was just me and my odd bod. I'm glad they are working with you to figure it out.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I had so many issues with cefapime that is it now on my "banned" list. I will not take it if I can help it. I would wake up with the feeling that something was biting me where the PICC line was placed, all the way up my arm and in my chest. It was a sharp pain and just about drove me crazy. It would start after 2 doses. First I thought it was the PICC line itself but when we changed to azactam, the sharp biting pain went away. I always thought it was just me and my odd bod. I'm glad they are working with you to figure it out.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady