BOOOO side effects!!

krisgabes

Hey,

If you are on Tobra and experiencing these types of serious side effects you need to tell your doctor ASAP and have them test the Tobra level in your system. They should be testing the Tobra levels each week while you're on it. I'm on Cefepime right now and I don't have any side effects. Every time I'm on Tobra though they warn me that it can have some serious side effects and if I ever experience them to let the doctor know. Sorry to be repetative lol I just realized that I probably said the same thing 3 times!

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out!

krisgabes

Hey,

If you are on Tobra and experiencing these types of serious side effects you need to tell your doctor ASAP and have them test the Tobra level in your system. They should be testing the Tobra levels each week while you're on it. I'm on Cefepime right now and I don't have any side effects. Every time I'm on Tobra though they warn me that it can have some serious side effects and if I ever experience them to let the doctor know. Sorry to be repetative lol I just realized that I probably said the same thing 3 times!

krisgabes

Hey,

krisgabes

Hey,

krisgabes

Hey,
<br />
<br />If you are on Tobra and experiencing these types of serious side effects you need to tell your doctor ASAP and have them test the Tobra level in your system. They should be testing the Tobra levels each week while you're on it. I'm on Cefepime right now and I don't have any side effects. Every time I'm on Tobra though they warn me that it can have some serious side effects and if I ever experience them to let the doctor know. Sorry to be repetative lol I just realized that I probably said the same thing 3 times!
<br />
<br />Good luck! Let me know how it turns out!

melx

Sonia,
Yes yes yes. Cefepime and Tobra Iv's. I had funky vision alteration (more than my normal issues), emesis, and some anxiety or maybe just rapid heart rate. Tobra level was ok and they were checking my liver function which was ok as well. I could have stopped the iv's but I thought it was more improtant to keep taking them. Sorry you are having to go through this. Tell your doc.

melx

Sonia,
Yes yes yes. Cefepime and Tobra Iv's. I had funky vision alteration (more than my normal issues), emesis, and some anxiety or maybe just rapid heart rate. Tobra level was ok and they were checking my liver function which was ok as well. I could have stopped the iv's but I thought it was more improtant to keep taking them. Sorry you are having to go through this. Tell your doc.

melx

Sonia,

melx

Sonia,

melx

Sonia,
<br />Yes yes yes. Cefepime and Tobra Iv's. I had funky vision alteration (more than my normal issues), emesis, and some anxiety or maybe just rapid heart rate. Tobra level was ok and they were checking my liver function which was ok as well. I could have stopped the iv's but I thought it was more improtant to keep taking them. Sorry you are having to go through this. Tell your doc.

melx

I forgot to say, I had a metallic taste in my mouth. Yuck. I asked the home health pharmacist and he said that he has heard that before and that it can happen because iv antibiotics are basically a sort of "chemo (chemical) therapy". Double yuck.

melx

I forgot to say, I had a metallic taste in my mouth. Yuck. I asked the home health pharmacist and he said that he has heard that before and that it can happen because iv antibiotics are basically a sort of "chemo (chemical) therapy". Double yuck.

melx

melx

melx

ladybug

thanks, everyone.

they just took a tobra level after my third dose a couple days ago and it was actually too LOW. so, they upped the dose starting last night. today i'm still having the vision issues, but no fever/nausea right now. seems this stuff kinda goes in waves. does anyone notice that? like certain side effects and then they go away in a few days? i'm actually resistant to most everything (the tobra and cefepime were found with synergy testing), so these are kinda my "last resort" drugs and "last options", so to go off them isn't really an option for me. boooo!!!!

today my lips feel swollen and kinda tingly. i think now that i've noticed it and am licking them a lot i'm MUCH more sensitive to it. urgh. again, i'm hoping this is just a side effect that will go away? any thoughts?!?

ladybug

thanks, everyone.

they just took a tobra level after my third dose a couple days ago and it was actually too LOW. so, they upped the dose starting last night. today i'm still having the vision issues, but no fever/nausea right now. seems this stuff kinda goes in waves. does anyone notice that? like certain side effects and then they go away in a few days? i'm actually resistant to most everything (the tobra and cefepime were found with synergy testing), so these are kinda my "last resort" drugs and "last options", so to go off them isn't really an option for me. boooo!!!!

today my lips feel swollen and kinda tingly. i think now that i've noticed it and am licking them a lot i'm MUCH more sensitive to it. urgh. again, i'm hoping this is just a side effect that will go away? any thoughts?!?

ladybug

thanks, everyone.

ladybug

thanks, everyone.

ladybug

thanks, everyone.
<br />
<br />they just took a tobra level after my third dose a couple days ago and it was actually too LOW. so, they upped the dose starting last night. today i'm still having the vision issues, but no fever/nausea right now. seems this stuff kinda goes in waves. does anyone notice that? like certain side effects and then they go away in a few days? i'm actually resistant to most everything (the tobra and cefepime were found with synergy testing), so these are kinda my "last resort" drugs and "last options", so to go off them isn't really an option for me. boooo!!!!
<br />
<br />today my lips feel swollen and kinda tingly. i think now that i've noticed it and am licking them a lot i'm MUCH more sensitive to it. urgh. again, i'm hoping this is just a side effect that will go away? any thoughts?!?