Ciproflaxacin

W

welshwitch

Hi...

so you are allergic to Cipro? how do they desensitize it? (just curious).

throwing up after taking the med....sounds horrible. yikes!

sorry you feel so bad. maybe inhaled antibiotics would work better? or a different one?

whenever I feel like sh*t just taking some time to slow down and decompress works....eating a TON....hope you feel better!

W

welshwitch

Hi...

sorry you feel so bad. maybe inhaled antibiotics would work better? or a different one?

whenever I feel like sh*t just taking some time to slow down and decompress works....eating a TON....hope you feel better!

W

welshwitch

Hi...

W

welshwitch

Hi...

W

welshwitch

Hi...

jphillips186

im on that ***** right now and it sucks the anti nausia/feel good medicine is a good joint but thats just me

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>letsrockcfem</b></i>

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was desensitized to oral Ciprofloxacin because I am allergic to it and my PFT's are down quite a bit. (I am allergice to everyting used to treat psuedo). I haven't been on cipro for a cool 15 years I would say, my old doc used to prescribe Levaquin orally for minor flair ups.

Well I took my morning dose today and after like 10 minutes became extremely nauseous and threw up three times. I had just cooked an awesome breakfast and could only eat half a piece of toast! Since then I am still just feeling pretty aweful and have only had half a banana and some pita bread. I need to eat cause my weight is the lowest it's been in some years and I feel tired and beat.

Have any of you experienced such a sweet side effect with Cipro? I have never reacted this way to any med IV or orally (expect for Biaxin=the devil).

Should I give it a try tonight and see what happens or call my doc asap.

Rock CF,

Em</end quote></div>

jphillips186

im on that ***** right now and it sucks the anti nausia/feel good medicine is a good joint but thats just me

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>letsrockcfem</b></i>

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was desensitized to oral Ciprofloxacin because I am allergic to it and my PFT's are down quite a bit. (I am allergice to everyting used to treat psuedo). I haven't been on cipro for a cool 15 years I would say, my old doc used to prescribe Levaquin orally for minor flair ups.

Well I took my morning dose today and after like 10 minutes became extremely nauseous and threw up three times. I had just cooked an awesome breakfast and could only eat half a piece of toast! Since then I am still just feeling pretty aweful and have only had half a banana and some pita bread. I need to eat cause my weight is the lowest it's been in some years and I feel tired and beat.

Have any of you experienced such a sweet side effect with Cipro? I have never reacted this way to any med IV or orally (expect for Biaxin=the devil).

Rock CF,

Em</end quote></div>

jphillips186

Hey guys,

Rock CF,

Em</end quote></div>

jphillips186

Hey guys,

Rock CF,

Em</end quote>

jphillips186

Hey guys,

Rock CF,

Em</end quote>

letsrockcfem

That's a good idea Em and something I thoguht about today..I am starting to feel the effects of my food going right through me too!

I am going to take my night time dose with some food and see if that helps. My stomach is rarely empty these days, especially with the gastroperesis but I will try and rule out if it because I didn't eat with before this morning.

welshwitch--the way they desensitise me is by crushing the pill and then they dilute it with water..12 doses total so as you can imagine the first dose is kinda tasteless but by dose 10-12 it is unreal..like an aspirin or prednisone disolving on your tongue. It is nasty!! haha, done it so much though that I am used to it. A different antibiotic would mean more desensitization for me cause I am literally allergic to everything except Tobra..luckily I start TOBI on Oct 1 so that <i>should</i> helps some.

Thanks guys..will let you know what comes of this.
Rock CF

letsrockcfem

That's a good idea Em and something I thoguht about today..I am starting to feel the effects of my food going right through me too!

I am going to take my night time dose with some food and see if that helps. My stomach is rarely empty these days, especially with the gastroperesis but I will try and rule out if it because I didn't eat with before this morning.

welshwitch--the way they desensitise me is by crushing the pill and then they dilute it with water..12 doses total so as you can imagine the first dose is kinda tasteless but by dose 10-12 it is unreal..like an aspirin or prednisone disolving on your tongue. It is nasty!! haha, done it so much though that I am used to it. A different antibiotic would mean more desensitization for me cause I am literally allergic to everything except Tobra..luckily I start TOBI on Oct 1 so that <i>should</i> helps some.

Rock CF

letsrockcfem

Rock CF

letsrockcfem

Rock CF

letsrockcfem

Rock CF

lightNlife

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm allergic to that one too, and it's MISERABLE. I was also unsuccessfully desensitized to it. I

I do have good results with 750mg of Levaquin. I'm so sorry you're losing weight from this. Please keep us posted.

lightNlife

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm allergic to that one too, and it's MISERABLE. I was also unsuccessfully desensitized to it. I

I do have good results with 750mg of Levaquin. I'm so sorry you're losing weight from this. Please keep us posted.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife