coughing attacks at night time

I am sick with an infection and the last 3 nights I been coughing around 2 or 3 in the morning and can't fall asleep for the next hour. Then in the day i am so tired I sleep or lay down on the couch to watch tv because that is all i can do. When i rest and sleep during the day, i take a long time to fall asleep. In a few days, hopfully I will feel better but my whole sleep pattren is messed up due to what i just explained.
I work during the day and feel tired because of my sleeping during the day and have troubles falling asleep at night. When i do get back to work I also feel tired because i did nothing during the days when i was sick and then doing something.
Who has been through this? What do you do to sleep better at night? What do you do to to start having energy when you sick?
Thanks!

I am sick with an infection and the last 3 nights I been coughing around 2 or 3 in the morning and can't fall asleep for the next hour. Then in the day i am so tired I sleep or lay down on the couch to watch tv because that is all i can do. When i rest and sleep during the day, i take a long time to fall asleep. In a few days, hopfully I will feel better but my whole sleep pattren is messed up due to what i just explained.
I work during the day and feel tired because of my sleeping during the day and have troubles falling asleep at night. When i do get back to work I also feel tired because i did nothing during the days when i was sick and then doing something.
Who has been through this? What do you do to sleep better at night? What do you do to to start having energy when you sick?
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

thefrogprincess

If you need a nap during the day then don't fight it, you won't get better if you are too tired. Having said that, when I am sick I sleep propped up so that the junk doesn't pool up in my lungs. If I am really having trouble than its tylenol pm.

thefrogprincess

If you need a nap during the day then don't fight it, you won't get better if you are too tired. Having said that, when I am sick I sleep propped up so that the junk doesn't pool up in my lungs. If I am really having trouble than its tylenol pm.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

jamie6girl

Not to sound negative, but when I was feeling that lousy, I needed to go on IV.. Not saying you need something that drastic, but it sounds like you are really sick. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I know how it feels. You are just too tired to do anything. I know when I'm that sick, just breathing my meds is a chore. I hope you feel better.

jamie6girl

Not to sound negative, but when I was feeling that lousy, I needed to go on IV.. Not saying you need something that drastic, but it sounds like you are really sick. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I know how it feels. You are just too tired to do anything. I know when I'm that sick, just breathing my meds is a chore. I hope you feel better.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

ariesapie

That sucks I hate when Im that sick. When that happens to me I try keep cold sprite or ice water by my bed and some pretzels. Sometimes that keeps me from coughing. But if it doesnt then Im usually forced to take an extra xanax. I work during the day too and I cant take a nap if I dont sleep well through the night. When I am sick I try to go to bed as early as I can so even if I dont sleep at least I am resting in the bed and may nod off a couple times during the night between coughing spells. Hope you get some relief.

ariesapie

That sucks I hate when Im that sick. When that happens to me I try keep cold sprite or ice water by my bed and some pretzels. Sometimes that keeps me from coughing. But if it doesnt then Im usually forced to take an extra xanax. I work during the day too and I cant take a nap if I dont sleep well through the night. When I am sick I try to go to bed as early as I can so even if I dont sleep at least I am resting in the bed and may nod off a couple times during the night between coughing spells. Hope you get some relief.

ariesapie

ariesapie

ariesapie