CT Scans / Hemoptysis

65rosessamurai

Thanks Diane for answering that question. I guess in my case I wasn't in need of the dye.
However, was my explanation for high resolution accurate?
Meaning whether they may scan you at two or more different settings?
In Ultrasound, they would use two different frequencies because of the difference in wavelength. I'm sure X-radiation is basically a fixed frequency, so I imagine it might be the "amplification" or amount of X-radiation penetration that would be different to get the resolution.

65rosessamurai

Thanks Diane for answering that question. I guess in my case I wasn't in need of the dye.
In Ultrasound, they would use two different frequencies because of the difference in wavelength. I'm sure X-radiation is basically a fixed frequency, so I imagine it might be the "amplification" or amount of X-radiation penetration that would be different to get the resolution.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

Diane

Oh Fred dont laugh but i have no idea...........lol
One time the technician allowed me to go in the room after my cat scan because i wanted to see if the coils i had placed with my last embolization ( there was 21 of them) showed up in the cat scan. It shows things in slides i guess you can call it. He just sort of rolled the mouse and it showed on the screen , the lungs from top to bottom with everything inbetween. I even saw my fungus ball....yikes

Diane

One time the technician allowed me to go in the room after my cat scan because i wanted to see if the coils i had placed with my last embolization ( there was 21 of them) showed up in the cat scan. It shows things in slides i guess you can call it. He just sort of rolled the mouse and it showed on the screen , the lungs from top to bottom with everything inbetween. I even saw my fungus ball....yikes

Diane

Diane

Diane

thefrogprincess

As far as high resolution goes I have no clue. But an X-ray is a one dimensional image so it can only show so much. With a CT you can actually disect the images and see "inside" the body part you are trying to look at. They usually put them on a CD rom now and you can check it out on your home computer if you request a copy. Its pretty cool. I got to see part of my brain on an MRI once, and Brian and I could look at his kidney tumor.

thefrogprincess

As far as high resolution goes I have no clue. But an X-ray is a one dimensional image so it can only show so much. With a CT you can actually disect the images and see "inside" the body part you are trying to look at. They usually put them on a CD rom now and you can check it out on your home computer if you request a copy. Its pretty cool. I got to see part of my brain on an MRI once, and Brian and I could look at his kidney tumor.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't want to do a hi res in somone in their 20's..."maybe if you were in your 40s" he said.

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't want to do a hi res in somone in their 20's..."maybe if you were in your 40s" he said.

LouLou