CT Scans / Hemoptysis

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't want to do a hi res in somone in their 20's..."maybe if you were in your 40s" he said.

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't want to do a hi res in somone in their 20's..."maybe if you were in your 40s" he said.

LouLou

hi res is a ridiculously huge number of slices where a regular CT scan is a smaller number of slices. a CT scan is something like 5x the radiation of a chest xray where a high res CT scan is 20x!!! My doc said he wouldn't

LouLou

LouLou

Well I got the CT scan and I had a bleed. I eased into the reclined position. I thought it might not happen because I was lying for a good minute before the vein blew. I was able to finish out the test and look forward to the results. Next time I will bring a spit cup with me because I had to spit into my hand which was unpleasant.

LouLou

Well I got the CT scan and I had a bleed. I eased into the reclined position. I thought it might not happen because I was lying for a good minute before the vein blew. I was able to finish out the test and look forward to the results. Next time I will bring a spit cup with me because I had to spit into my hand which was unpleasant.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

mom2lillian

wow, you are in tune with your body, you knew precisely what would happen. I cant believe just laying down causes that, amazing to me. So if it was just one vein repeatedly doing it could they cauterize that and fix your problem? If this scan doesnt show your bleed I woudl really press the high res with contrast, I just dont get your doctors line of thinking that you dont need that.

mom2lillian

wow, you are in tune with your body, you knew precisely what would happen. I cant believe just laying down causes that, amazing to me. So if it was just one vein repeatedly doing it could they cauterize that and fix your problem? If this scan doesnt show your bleed I woudl really press the high res with contrast, I just dont get your doctors line of thinking that you dont need that.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

sunflower

Hi
I am in hopsital at the moment I have done a week and feel very low. Though the first two days was the worse for me that I couldn't stop crying. I have Hempotysis over the summer and I kept putting it off or wishing it away.

I was looking for a miracle and I Wasnt feeling ill. I though I WOULD be ok. But in the end I gave in into hospital. I was suppose to start IVF on the 12th of this month and I am sad it will not be. I was to be checked to see how stimulation was and the full IVF was to go ahead NOV that has all been cancelled. I had it all planned in my head and was keen to go!!!

mY DOC said "not sure where the bleeding is coming from" and my scan is due this week. I had an xray but nothing on that. So I reckon that is agood sign....

Just saw you response Nicole and thought I reply. I know I will get through this but, hard at the moment. I cultured stenotrophus pseudomonas which is not serious so I am told.
It's just so tough isn't guys, Wish you luck Loulou.

----------------------
Sunflower

37yrs.o. CF/ mutations P67L - DF508
ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

(haven't cultured B.Cepacia 11months)
Just want to email the site tonight and vent my feelings. I have to go back to hospital now its 19.45pm take care for now.

sunflower

Hi
I am in hopsital at the moment I have done a week and feel very low. Though the first two days was the worse for me that I couldn't stop crying. I have Hempotysis over the summer and I kept putting it off or wishing it away.

I was looking for a miracle and I Wasnt feeling ill. I though I WOULD be ok. But in the end I gave in into hospital. I was suppose to start IVF on the 12th of this month and I am sad it will not be. I was to be checked to see how stimulation was and the full IVF was to go ahead NOV that has all been cancelled. I had it all planned in my head and was keen to go!!!

mY DOC said "not sure where the bleeding is coming from" and my scan is due this week. I had an xray but nothing on that. So I reckon that is agood sign....

Just saw you response Nicole and thought I reply. I know I will get through this but, hard at the moment. I cultured stenotrophus pseudomonas which is not serious so I am told.

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

Just want to email the site tonight and vent my feelings. I have to go back to hospital now its 19.45pm take care for now.

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,