CT Scans / Hemoptysis

sunflower

Hi
I am in hopsital at the moment I have done a week and feel very low. Though the first two days was the worse for me that I couldn't stop crying. I have Hempotysis over the summer and I kept putting it off or wishing it away.

I was looking for a miracle and I Wasnt feeling ill. I though I WOULD be ok. But in the end I gave in into hospital. I was suppose to start IVF on the 12th of this month and I am sad it will not be. I was to be checked to see how stimulation was and the full IVF was to go ahead NOV that has all been cancelled. I had it all planned in my head and was keen to go!!!

mY DOC said "not sure where the bleeding is coming from" and my scan is due this week. I had an xray but nothing on that. So I reckon that is agood sign....

Just saw you response Nicole and thought I reply. I know I will get through this but, hard at the moment. I cultured stenotrophus pseudomonas which is not serious so I am told.
It's just so tough isn't guys, Wish you luck Loulou.

----------------------
Sunflower

37yrs.o. CF/ mutations P67L - DF508
ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

(haven't cultured B.Cepacia 11months)
Just want to email the site tonight and vent my feelings. I have to go back to hospital now its 19.45pm take care for now.

sunflower

Hi
I am in hopsital at the moment I have done a week and feel very low. Though the first two days was the worse for me that I couldn't stop crying. I have Hempotysis over the summer and I kept putting it off or wishing it away.

I was looking for a miracle and I Wasnt feeling ill. I though I WOULD be ok. But in the end I gave in into hospital. I was suppose to start IVF on the 12th of this month and I am sad it will not be. I was to be checked to see how stimulation was and the full IVF was to go ahead NOV that has all been cancelled. I had it all planned in my head and was keen to go!!!

mY DOC said "not sure where the bleeding is coming from" and my scan is due this week. I had an xray but nothing on that. So I reckon that is agood sign....

Just saw you response Nicole and thought I reply. I know I will get through this but, hard at the moment. I cultured stenotrophus pseudomonas which is not serious so I am told.

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

Just want to email the site tonight and vent my feelings. I have to go back to hospital now its 19.45pm take care for now.

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

sunflower

Hi

----------------------
Sunflower

ABPA/Bronchiestasis,

cf83mp

<P>Diane,</P>
<P>Is it possible that your fungal ball is the cause of your hemoptysis?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Meranda 28 w/CF, Ralstonia, Aspergillus, Gastroparesis, etc.</P>

cf83mp

<P>Diane,</P>
<P></P>
<P>Meranda 28 w/CF, Ralstonia, Aspergillus, Gastroparesis, etc.</P>

cf83mp

<P>Diane,</P>
<P></P>
<P>Meranda 28 w/CF, Ralstonia, Aspergillus, Gastroparesis, etc.<BR></P>

M

moxie1

<P>Hi Meranda,</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Just wanted to tell you that Diane passed away awhile back.</P>

M

moxie1

<P>Hi Meranda,</P>
<P></P>

M

moxie1

<P><BR>Hi Meranda,</P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P>how long has the bleeding been this bad that you cant even lay down? and its this bad and the dr. has never ordered a cat scan before??  that is unbelievable..this type of thing never usually shows up on xray and I ve been told a cat scan with out the contrast dye is not good at showing where the bleed is coming from either</P>
<P>...just curious what centre do you go to</P>
<P> </P>
<P>I saw you had post4ed on breathe free 1 about the about the tranexamic acid ( TA) aka ....cyklokapron</P>
<P> </P>
<P>did you read the article he posted,,,,the lady was having bad bleeds and 2 upper lobectomys</P>
<P>and she took the TA...with amazing results...total resolution of hemop.</P>
<P>my centre in toronto uses TA and I did post about it.....I was on 6 500 mg pills per day...</P>
<P>and it didnt help me...and my hemoptysis wasnt that bad but was occurring more frequently which was unusal....iv antibiotics still help control mine  (fingers crossed)</P>
<P>my dr, said for sum people TA really works...and the most they have given one patient who had bad bs was 16 pills 8,000 mg.....im sure your dr. knows my dr...they all meet at the conferences...so if youd like i can give you my centres number and they can talk about the TA..its worth a try to try the TA...</P>
<P>before embo....</P>
<P>extensive damage like bronchiectasis (BXIS) is why we have bleeding ...they need to get researching BXIS treatments.....sumone is researching  stem cells for the damage </P>
<P> </P>
<P>because even if there was a cure tomoro for CF...for those of us who have BXIS were wud not be cured....we d still have BXIS....which at this point is irreversible...</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>

L

lizlas

<P>how long has the bleeding been this bad that you cant even lay down? and its this bad and the dr. has never ordered a cat scan before?? that is unbelievable..this type of thing never usually shows up on xray and I ve been told a cat scan with out the contrast dye is not good at showing where the bleed is coming from either</P>
<P></P>
<P>I saw you had post4ed on breathe free 1 about the about the tranexamic acid ( TA) aka ....cyklokapron</P>
<P></P>
<P>did you read the article he posted,,,,the lady was having bad bleeds and 2 upper lobectomys</P>
<P>my centre in torontouses TA and I did post about it.....I was on 6 500 mg pills per day...</P>
<P>and it didnt help me...and my hemoptysis wasnt that bad but was occurring more frequently which was unusal....iv antibiotics still help control mine (fingers crossed)</P>
<P>my dr, said for sum people TA really works...and the most they have given one patient who had bad bs was 16 pills 8,000 mg.....im sure your dr. knows my dr...they all meet at the conferences...so if youd like i can give you my centres number and they can talk about the TA..its worth a try to try the TA...</P>
<P>before embo....</P>
<P>extensive damage like bronchiectasis (BXIS) is why we have bleeding ...they need to get researching BXIS treatments.....sumone is researching stem cells for the damage </P>
<P></P>
<P>because even if there was a cure tomoro for CF...for those of us who have BXIS were wud not be cured....we d still have BXIS....which at this point is irreversible...</P>
<P></P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>how long has the bleeding been this bad that you cant even lay down? and its this bad and the dr. has never ordered a cat scan before?? that is unbelievable..this type of thing never usually shows up on xray and I ve been told a cat scan with out the contrast dye is not good at showing where the bleed is coming from either</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>my centre in torontouses TA and I did post about it.....I was on 6 500 mg pills per day...</P>
<P>and it didnt help me...and my hemoptysis wasnt that bad but was occurring more frequently which was unusal....iv antibiotics still help control mine (fingers crossed)</P>
<P>before embo....</P>
<P>extensive damage like bronchiectasis (BXIS) is why we have bleeding ...they need to get researching BXIS treatments.....sumone is researching stem cells for the damage </P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

this is strange...this is a post from 2007 that was brot to life again....ok bizarre....

L

lizlas

this is strange...this is a post from 2007 that was brot to life again....ok bizarre....

L

lizlas

<BR>this is strange...this is a post from 2007 that was brot to life again....ok bizarre....

DBC

<br>Question?  Why is everyone getting a CT scan?  When I started to have hemoptysis, I was evaluated differently.  Just like doing a cardiac cath, they went in by way of  the femoral artery, but they shot dye into the bronchial arteries.  They looked for enlarged vessels to find the probable bleeder.  They then "blew" polyvinylalcohol beads into the vessel.  If you continue to bleed, they go in and embolize another vessel.  It took 3 attempts to fix me, and I have not had ANY bleeding since then (March 2000).  Just to let you know, I live in MD, and am treated at Children's National Med Ctr in Wash DC.

DBC

<br>Question? Why is everyone getting a CT scan? When I started to have hemoptysis, I was evaluated differently. Just like doing a cardiac cath, they went in by way of the femoral artery,but they shot dye into the bronchial arteries. They looked for enlarged vessels to find the probable bleeder. They then "blew" polyvinylalcohol beads into the vessel. If you continue to bleed, they go in and embolize another vessel. It took 3 attempts to fix me, and I have not hadANY bleedingsince then (March 2000). Just to let you know, I live in MD, and am treated at Children's National Med Ctr in Wash DC.

DBC

<br>Question? Why is everyone getting a CT scan? When I started to have hemoptysis, I was evaluated differently. Just like doing a cardiac cath, they went in by way of the femoral artery,but they shot dye into the bronchial arteries. They looked for enlarged vessels to find the probable bleeder. They then "blew" polyvinylalcohol beads into the vessel. If you continue to bleed, they go in and embolize another vessel. It took 3 attempts to fix me, and I have not hadANY bleedingsince then (March 2000). Just to let you know, I live in MD, and am treated at Children's National Med Ctr in Wash DC.