Do you think Dr's should be at their patients funerals?

tanyasmyangel

there are so many facets to this question and human beings' relationships are so complex and dynamic that there is no real answer to it. if i were a doctor and the family asked me to be there, i would be there without question. but that being said, i think it ultimately is the decision of the familys' to make. and another thing... generally speaking the average American idiot doesn't have much respect for doctors. they think they do very little and collect a huge paycheck for it. i would have to disagree. think about all the emotions they must swallow to maintain their level of professionalism. just sayin...

tanyasmyangel

there are so many facets to this question and human beings' relationships are so complex and dynamic that there is no real answer to it. if i were a doctor and the family asked me to be there, i would be there without question. but that being said, i think it ultimately is the decision of the familys' to make. and another thing... generally speaking the average American idiot doesn't have much respect for doctors. they think they do very little and collect a huge paycheck for it. i would have to disagree. think about all the emotions they must swallow to maintain their level of professionalism. just sayin...

tanyasmyangel

tanyasmyangel

tanyasmyangel

JazzysMom

I would hope she would, but completely understand if she didnt/couldnt. I would assume that SOMEONE from the clinic/hospital would attend just like with my 40th Celebration of Life.

I do think the relationship has a lot to do with it also. I have been with this group for 33 years.

JazzysMom

I would hope she would, but completely understand if she didnt/couldnt. I would assume that SOMEONE from the clinic/hospital would attend just like with my 40th Celebration of Life.

I do think the relationship has a lot to do with it also. I have been with this group for 33 years.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I do think the relationship has a lot to do with it also. I have been with this group for 33 years.
<br />
<br />

I agree with it being based on the patient/doctor relationships. Before we lived here, I had the same team my whole life. I was very close with both the ped drs, and the adult dr, and all of their nurses. I loved them all so much and thought of them as my family. One even came to get me and drove me up to cf camp every summer. I would hope someone from that team would come to mine if I had one. (before anyone asks, I mean that I do not want a service)

That being said, my dr here...I don't feel close to him at all. I wouldn't expect him to come to anything. Our family doctor we're very close with though, and his staff. Two of them came to my step dads funeral, and we were so grateful to see them there!

I agree with it being based on the patient/doctor relationships. Before we lived here, I had the same team my whole life. I was very close with both the ped drs, and the adult dr, and all of their nurses. I loved them all so much and thought of them as my family. One even came to get me and drove me up to cf camp every summer. I would hope someone from that team would come to mine if I had one. (before anyone asks, I mean that I do not want a service)

That being said, my dr here...I don't feel close to him at all. I wouldn't expect him to come to anything. Our family doctor we're very close with though, and his staff. Two of them came to my step dads funeral, and we were so grateful to see them there!

<br />
<br />That being said, my dr here...I don't feel close to him at all. I wouldn't expect him to come to anything. Our family doctor we're very close with though, and his staff. Two of them came to my step dads funeral, and we were so grateful to see them there!

Faust

If i was a doctor, I would do my very best to continue the relationship till the end, which is death and paying your respects.

Faust

If i was a doctor, I would do my very best to continue the relationship till the end, which is death and paying your respects.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />