Flu vaccine?

Giggles

I have gotten flu shots my whole life. I would never not get it. I do not want to get the flu with my CF

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I have gotten flu shots my whole life. I would never not get it. I do not want to get the flu with my CF

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

JenDiS

I get the flu shot every year now but unfortunately I get sick right after getting it...the one year I didnt get my flu shot I caught influenza B and RSV at the same time and almost died. So now I get it every year! haha

JenDiS

I get the flu shot every year now but unfortunately I get sick right after getting it...the one year I didnt get my flu shot I caught influenza B and RSV at the same time and almost died. So now I get it every year! haha

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

Allisa35

I usually don't get one, mainly because of my needle phobia. I do have my reservations about how well it works also. I know they say getting the flu shot doesn't cause you to get the flu, but.... the last flu shot I had I got the flu. And I hadn't had the flu in years. Also, my husband, who never gets sick, opted to get it one year and then he got the flu. However, he did get one this year and so far he's been ok. So, who knows.

I kind of feel like you do too. How do they know what the next year's flu virus is going to be? I know some people swear by them, but I just prefer not to get one. Just my opinion.

Allisa35

I usually don't get one, mainly because of my needle phobia. I do have my reservations about how well it works also. I know they say getting the flu shot doesn't cause you to get the flu, but.... the last flu shot I had I got the flu. And I hadn't had the flu in years. Also, my husband, who never gets sick, opted to get it one year and then he got the flu. However, he did get one this year and so far he's been ok. So, who knows.

I kind of feel like you do too. How do they know what the next year's flu virus is going to be? I know some people swear by them, but I just prefer not to get one. Just my opinion.

Allisa35

Allisa35

Allisa35

<br />
<br />I kind of feel like you do too. How do they know what the next year's flu virus is going to be? I know some people swear by them, but I just prefer not to get one. Just my opinion.

Liza

My girls have been getting the flu shot since the first winter. Anna was diagnosed on June 27,1990 just one week before Rachel was born. They both got the flu shots that fall/winter and it was seperated into two for Rachel who was about three months old then.

My husband always got his flu shot, being military and working in the hospital, he had no choice, not that he'd chose not to.

I on the other hand didn't get it. Too chicken. And I also had that common misconception that you always get sick after getting it. They tricked/guilted me into it one year when we all went together to get the girls their shots. I usually took them by myself. So I got it that year. Surprise to me, I didn't get sick. Yea, and my husband the PA tried to convince me I wouldn't. Still, I was sporadic about getting it every year. I never got the flu, hardly even caught a cold.

Until last year, when Anna got her transplant. As much as I HATE shots and blood draws, I suck it up and get it on time now. My girls aren't gonna be exposed to the flu because of me and my wimpyness. Even Anna's roommate is getting it and she too is a giant baby when it comes to needles, she's gonna get the flu mist instead.

Liza

My girls have been getting the flu shot since the first winter. Anna was diagnosed on June 27,1990 just one week before Rachel was born. They both got the flu shots that fall/winter and it was seperated into two for Rachel who was about three months old then.

My husband always got his flu shot, being military and working in the hospital, he had no choice, not that he'd chose not to.

I on the other hand didn't get it. Too chicken. And I also had that common misconception that you always get sick after getting it. They tricked/guilted me into it one year when we all went together to get the girls their shots. I usually took them by myself. So I got it that year. Surprise to me, I didn't get sick. Yea, and my husband the PA tried to convince me I wouldn't. Still, I was sporadic about getting it every year. I never got the flu, hardly even caught a cold.

Until last year, when Anna got her transplant. As much as I HATE shots and blood draws, I suck it up and get it on time now. My girls aren't gonna be exposed to the flu because of me and my wimpyness. Even Anna's roommate is getting it and she too is a giant baby when it comes to needles, she's gonna get the flu mist instead.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />My husband always got his flu shot, being military and working in the hospital, he had no choice, not that he'd chose not to.
<br />
<br />I on the other hand didn't get it. Too chicken. And I also had that common misconception that you always get sick after getting it. They tricked/guilted me into it one year when we all went together to get the girls their shots. I usually took them by myself. So I got it that year. Surprise to me, I didn't get sick. Yea, and my husband the PA tried to convince me I wouldn't. Still, I was sporadic about getting it every year. I never got the flu, hardly even caught a cold.
<br />
<br />Until last year, when Anna got her transplant. As much as I HATE shots and blood draws, I suck it up and get it on time now. My girls aren't gonna be exposed to the flu because of me and my wimpyness. Even Anna's roommate is getting it and she too is a giant baby when it comes to needles, she's gonna get the flu mist instead.
<br />
<br />