For the mothers to CFers.

kitomd21

Unfortunately, they are more characteristic of CF...not characteristic of BM....but, she's gaining weight and the appearance/malodor aren't that important to me anymore...

kitomd21

Unfortunately, they are more characteristic of CF...not characteristic of BM....but, she's gaining weight and the appearance/malodor aren't that important to me anymore...

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

clawson5104

I breastfed two of my boys.....(two older boys not biologically mine....but they are mine) So with Devan (noncf) 4 mos....and supplemented....he was starvin' all the time and I couldn't keep up the supply. With Wade (cf) I fed him 7 mos. Supplemented after 4 mos. I truly believe it helped with sinus/ear issues.....Wade is pancreatic sufficient....but VERY GASSY....I think breastfeeding him did help with that too....not alot but I would be afraid to think how worse it would've been with formula only.

I'm all for breastfeeding......I think there are numerous health benefits, and definitely bonding benefits. Not to mention its FREE....but very time consuming, and very exhausting.

clawson5104

I breastfed two of my boys.....(two older boys not biologically mine....but they are mine) So with Devan (noncf) 4 mos....and supplemented....he was starvin' all the time and I couldn't keep up the supply. With Wade (cf) I fed him 7 mos. Supplemented after 4 mos. I truly believe it helped with sinus/ear issues.....Wade is pancreatic sufficient....but VERY GASSY....I think breastfeeding him did help with that too....not alot but I would be afraid to think how worse it would've been with formula only.

I'm all for breastfeeding......I think there are numerous health benefits, and definitely bonding benefits. Not to mention its FREE....but very time consuming, and very exhausting.

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

<br />
<br />I'm all for breastfeeding......I think there are numerous health benefits, and definitely bonding benefits. Not to mention its FREE....but very time consuming, and very exhausting.

shoot4parr

I am currently breastfeeding my little guy, well he is not little he is 15 pounds. We do supplement with formula at night and we have just started giving him rice cereal at night so that he will sleep a little longer, but can't expect much he is only 2 months old! He actually lost 20% of his birth weight the first week he was home and now that we are supplementing at night he is gaining weight great. He put on 4 1/2 pounds in the last month and he is in the 97% for weight and 80% for height. His stool has always been a little suspect but I think that if we didn't know that he at CF we wouldn't think anything of it. It's funny how it goes from weighing on your mind day and night to just being a normal part of daily living. We are still not great with the chest pt but with his reflux and timing it with the breathing treatment it can be hard so we do as much as we can.

shoot4parr

I am currently breastfeeding my little guy, well he is not little he is 15 pounds. We do supplement with formula at night and we have just started giving him rice cereal at night so that he will sleep a little longer, but can't expect much he is only 2 months old! He actually lost 20% of his birth weight the first week he was home and now that we are supplementing at night he is gaining weight great. He put on 4 1/2 pounds in the last month and he is in the 97% for weight and 80% for height. His stool has always been a little suspect but I think that if we didn't know that he at CF we wouldn't think anything of it. It's funny how it goes from weighing on your mind day and night to just being a normal part of daily living. We are still not great with the chest pt but with his reflux and timing it with the breathing treatment it can be hard so we do as much as we can.

shoot4parr

shoot4parr

shoot4parr

jbrandonAW

Hey I just wanted you to know that starting cereal does NOT help baby sleep through the night - old wives tale. In fact it is actually dangerous and a real choking hazard. It can also effect the digestive system negativly. Normal babies have a hard time digesting grains - a baby with cf and a hard time digesting food anyways should definatly not start grains until 6/7 months.

jbrandonAW

Hey I just wanted you to know that starting cereal does NOT help baby sleep through the night - old wives tale. In fact it is actually dangerous and a real choking hazard. It can also effect the digestive system negativly. Normal babies have a hard time digesting grains - a baby with cf and a hard time digesting food anyways should definatly not start grains until 6/7 months.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW