HELP...I don't know what else to do...

suziecoffeebean

This has been my concern all this time. I don't want to be the cause of the uprooting. This is why it has taken me so long to make a decision as to what to do. Believe me in no way do I want my mom to react like that but that is the only reaction I have ever gotten so I don't really have any reason to think she may be open to hear me now. But I am trying and I hope it works....I hope she can change but it has to be soon. I love my mom with all my heart that is why this hurts sooo much. Thanks again.

suziecoffeebean

This has been my concern all this time. I don't want to be the cause of the uprooting. This is why it has taken me so long to make a decision as to what to do. Believe me in no way do I want my mom to react like that but that is the only reaction I have ever gotten so I don't really have any reason to think she may be open to hear me now. But I am trying and I hope it works....I hope she can change but it has to be soon. I love my mom with all my heart that is why this hurts sooo much. Thanks again.

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

okok

Try to take this all one step at a time. First talk with a social worker at a CF clinic. Find out the resources available to your brother and sister (rides, medication assistance, ssi benefits, etc.) Also alert her to your mother's reluctance to awknowledge that they need care. She might be able to suggest some steps (if any) to take prior to involving CPS. Is it possible that your mom hasn't given them medical care partly because of financial and logistical reasons??? If so, then sharing with her the resources available to her might help motivate her.

I think you can always say that you went to the social worker to find info about resources but she decided to turn your mom in... and that you didn't realize this would happen. Do you think that if your mom was faced with losing her kids she would offer them medical care...?

i really wish i could be more helpful.

okok

Try to take this all one step at a time. First talk with a social worker at a CF clinic. Find out the resources available to your brother and sister (rides, medication assistance, ssi benefits, etc.) Also alert her to your mother's reluctance to awknowledge that they need care. She might be able to suggest some steps (if any) to take prior to involving CPS. Is it possible that your mom hasn't given them medical care partly because of financial and logistical reasons??? If so, then sharing with her the resources available to her might help motivate her.

I think you can always say that you went to the social worker to find info about resources but she decided to turn your mom in... and that you didn't realize this would happen. Do you think that if your mom was faced with losing her kids she would offer them medical care...?

okok

okok

okok

okok

kybert

just call the authorities. there is nothing else you can do really. dont be afraid of making your mum angry. you dont owe her anything!

kybert

just call the authorities. there is nothing else you can do really. dont be afraid of making your mum angry. you dont owe her anything!

kybert

kybert

kybert

kybert

kayleesgrandma

I think okok is the best approach. A social worker may be able to get through to your mother in ways you are unable to. Plus, it doesn't make you look like the bad guy. Forget talking to your mother further, she will not listen, she will not read your letter. She is in deep denial, and feels as long as her kids are well, she is doing the right thing. The social worker will be the best judge of the situation, but it is a case of denying proper medical attention to her children. Once she is confronted with the possibily of really having the kids taken away--maybe she will relent and do what is right. You especially need to point out that she is smoking in the house--she might as well be putting arsenic in their food! Good luck and God bless you for caring about your siblings. Please keep us informed.

kayleesgrandma

I think okok is the best approach. A social worker may be able to get through to your mother in ways you are unable to. Plus, it doesn't make you look like the bad guy. Forget talking to your mother further, she will not listen, she will not read your letter. She is in deep denial, and feels as long as her kids are well, she is doing the right thing. The social worker will be the best judge of the situation, but it is a case of denying proper medical attention to her children. Once she is confronted with the possibily of really having the kids taken away--maybe she will relent and do what is right. You especially need to point out that she is smoking in the house--she might as well be putting arsenic in their food! Good luck and God bless you for caring about your siblings. Please keep us informed.