HELP...I don't know what else to do...

kayleesgrandma

I think okok is the best approach. A social worker may be able to get through to your mother in ways you are unable to. Plus, it doesn't make you look like the bad guy. Forget talking to your mother further, she will not listen, she will not read your letter. She is in deep denial, and feels as long as her kids are well, she is doing the right thing. The social worker will be the best judge of the situation, but it is a case of denying proper medical attention to her children. Once she is confronted with the possibily of really having the kids taken away--maybe she will relent and do what is right. You especially need to point out that she is smoking in the house--she might as well be putting arsenic in their food! Good luck and God bless you for caring about your siblings. Please keep us informed.

kayleesgrandma

I think okok is the best approach. A social worker may be able to get through to your mother in ways you are unable to. Plus, it doesn't make you look like the bad guy. Forget talking to your mother further, she will not listen, she will not read your letter. She is in deep denial, and feels as long as her kids are well, she is doing the right thing. The social worker will be the best judge of the situation, but it is a case of denying proper medical attention to her children. Once she is confronted with the possibily of really having the kids taken away--maybe she will relent and do what is right. You especially need to point out that she is smoking in the house--she might as well be putting arsenic in their food! Good luck and God bless you for caring about your siblings. Please keep us informed.

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

mom2lillian

I have read over everything sounds like you are getting good advice and thought I would throw into the mix that although you are afraid of loosing your mother how would you feel about loosing your siblings? IF you do not intervene to whatever degree necessary to get them appropariate treatment you WILL loose both of them and it sounds like your mom is 'on the brink' of loosing it again at any time (just my read, might be way off) which the loss of siblings might push her over and you woudl loose her too.

Your siblings might be upset with you for a while for doing whatever is necessary but at least they will be alive and later hopefully com eto the realization you did the right thing and were the ONLY one in their lives watchign out for them.

I think trying to educate siblings on what this all means is a good first step but it is unlikely if everyone else in your mothers life lets her push them around that your younger siblings would be able to advocate appropriate care for themselves. WHile it is true that 'the system' might not end in the best care for your siblings I dont see how it could end up much worse than NO appointments NO meds NO education on their condition and a SMOKEY environment.

again sorry fo rthe situation you are going to, you are apparently still the grown up in the family despite being yoru mothers child. Best of luck to you in this tough endeavor.

mom2lillian

I have read over everything sounds like you are getting good advice and thought I would throw into the mix that although you are afraid of loosing your mother how would you feel about loosing your siblings? IF you do not intervene to whatever degree necessary to get them appropariate treatment you WILL loose both of them and it sounds like your mom is 'on the brink' of loosing it again at any time (just my read, might be way off) which the loss of siblings might push her over and you woudl loose her too.

Your siblings might be upset with you for a while for doing whatever is necessary but at least they will be alive and later hopefully com eto the realization you did the right thing and were the ONLY one in their lives watchign out for them.

I think trying to educate siblings on what this all means is a good first step but it is unlikely if everyone else in your mothers life lets her push them around that your younger siblings would be able to advocate appropriate care for themselves. WHile it is true that 'the system' might not end in the best care for your siblings I dont see how it could end up much worse than NO appointments NO meds NO education on their condition and a SMOKEY environment.

again sorry fo rthe situation you are going to, you are apparently still the grown up in the family despite being yoru mothers child. Best of luck to you in this tough endeavor.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

thefrogprincess

If I were you, I would call CPS in their area. You can contact a CF doc to explain to the social workers the ramifications of not having any care, and the smoking. The fact of the matter is, she is endagering these kids.

I applaud you for being the only one strong enough to stand up to her. I know that it would probably ruin your relationship with your mom, (but it doesn't sound like there is much to ruin) but she clearly is unable to take care of them. Your brother and sister need help, and you are the one that can help them.

thefrogprincess

If I were you, I would call CPS in their area. You can contact a CF doc to explain to the social workers the ramifications of not having any care, and the smoking. The fact of the matter is, she is endagering these kids.

I applaud you for being the only one strong enough to stand up to her. I know that it would probably ruin your relationship with your mom, (but it doesn't sound like there is much to ruin) but she clearly is unable to take care of them. Your brother and sister need help, and you are the one that can help them.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess