Help! I'm being watched!

Alyssa

It doesn't bother me in the least - besides, what kind of security does it give you that the people reading our posts are registered?

I highly doubt that doctors and nurses have the time, much less the energy to put into reading all our stuff....and if they did, they would probably be inclined to post and tell us all how wrong we are about something :)

I think a huge number of people are just learning what they can, perhaps someone in the family hit positive on a newborn screening or something and they just want to learn a little bit of info.

Everything on the internet is up for grabs -- it doesn't matter if someone is registered or not -- if there is something that is so personal you don't want others to know it, you'd better find a different means of communicating beside posting on here.

Alyssa

It doesn't bother me in the least - besides, what kind of security does it give you that the people reading our posts are registered?

I highly doubt that doctors and nurses have the time, much less the energy to put into reading all our stuff....and if they did, they would probably be inclined to post and tell us all how wrong we are about something :)

I think a huge number of people are just learning what they can, perhaps someone in the family hit positive on a newborn screening or something and they just want to learn a little bit of info.

Everything on the internet is up for grabs -- it doesn't matter if someone is registered or not -- if there is something that is so personal you don't want others to know it, you'd better find a different means of communicating beside posting on here.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />I highly doubt that doctors and nurses have the time, much less the energy to put into reading all our stuff....and if they did, they would probably be inclined to post and tell us all how wrong we are about something :)
<br />
<br />I think a huge number of people are just learning what they can, perhaps someone in the family hit positive on a newborn screening or something and they just want to learn a little bit of info.
<br />
<br />Everything on the internet is up for grabs -- it doesn't matter if someone is registered or not -- if there is something that is so personal you don't want others to know it, you'd better find a different means of communicating beside posting on here.

thefrogprincess

There are probably and number of reasons why they haven't signed on. Whne I first started coming here I didn't get a screen name just becuase I I wasn't sure if this place was really "me" right away. They could have forgetten to sign in or even stumbled upon the site by accident and are curious. Sure you want to be careful with you personal info on the net but not everyone is a "weirdo" for not signing on.

If there is something you personal you need to talk about but don't want everyone knowing you can start a private topic with the people you think will have the best advice.

thefrogprincess

There are probably and number of reasons why they haven't signed on. Whne I first started coming here I didn't get a screen name just becuase I I wasn't sure if this place was really "me" right away. They could have forgetten to sign in or even stumbled upon the site by accident and are curious. Sure you want to be careful with you personal info on the net but not everyone is a "weirdo" for not signing on.

If there is something you personal you need to talk about but don't want everyone knowing you can start a private topic with the people you think will have the best advice.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />If there is something you personal you need to talk about but don't want everyone knowing you can start a private topic with the people you think will have the best advice.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MCGrad2006</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I often wonder if our docs or nurses may check here to see what their patients are up to... then I realize they don't really have time to do that, lol. </end quote></div>

I would DEF say that at least someone at the clinic checks up on us. They all know about all of these sites and they know how we feel (about not being able to be around other Cystics). They understand to an extent that we need that moral support from others that are like us.

In addition to them, I would bet some family members and friends check us out from time to time. They may not know as much about CF and want to learn or they may just want information.</end quote></div>

I know that people from our clinic are registered users. How often they come on I dont know!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MCGrad2006</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I often wonder if our docs or nurses may check here to see what their patients are up to... then I realize they don't really have time to do that, lol. </end quote></div>

I would DEF say that at least someone at the clinic checks up on us. They all know about all of these sites and they know how we feel (about not being able to be around other Cystics). They understand to an extent that we need that moral support from others that are like us.

In addition to them, I would bet some family members and friends check us out from time to time. They may not know as much about CF and want to learn or they may just want information.</end quote></div>

I know that people from our clinic are registered users. How often they come on I dont know!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I often wonder if our docs or nurses may check here to see what their patients are up to... then I realize they don't really have time to do that, lol. </end quote>

In addition to them, I would bet some family members and friends check us out from time to time. They may not know as much about CF and want to learn or they may just want information.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I often wonder if our docs or nurses may check here to see what their patients are up to... then I realize they don't really have time to do that, lol. </end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I would DEF say that at least someone at the clinic checks up on us. They all know about all of these sites and they know how we feel (about not being able to be around other Cystics). They understand to an extent that we need that moral support from others that are like us.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />In addition to them, I would bet some family members and friends check us out from time to time. They may not know as much about CF and want to learn or they may just want information.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I know that people from our clinic are registered users. How often they come on I dont know!
<br />
<br />

J

juls

OK I'll admit it, I am one of those 'lurkers'. I have been a member since last year when my daughters were diagnosed, but have only posted a handful of times. I read the forums almost every day, but most of the time I don't bother to 'log in' because there is no need to. I only log in if I am going to post something. I usually don't reply to posts because I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said! You all are much more knowledgable than I am about this disease and I have learned so much from reading this forum!

Thank you to everyone that opens up and posts about all sorts of issues. It really helps those of us that are learning about CF and gives me so much hope for my daughters' futures!

J

juls

OK I'll admit it, I am one of those 'lurkers'. I have been a member since last year when my daughters were diagnosed, but have only posted a handful of times. I read the forums almost every day, but most of the time I don't bother to 'log in' because there is no need to. I only log in if I am going to post something. I usually don't reply to posts because I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said! You all are much more knowledgable than I am about this disease and I have learned so much from reading this forum!

Thank you to everyone that opens up and posts about all sorts of issues. It really helps those of us that are learning about CF and gives me so much hope for my daughters' futures!

J

juls

J

juls

J

juls

<br />
<br />Thank you to everyone that opens up and posts about all sorts of issues. It really helps those of us that are learning about CF and gives me so much hope for my daughters' futures!