Hospital Indemnity Policy for CFers

Jana

By the way--I did end up finding the 30-day thing about hospital admissions in my information for the policy in VA.

Jana

By the way--I did end up finding the 30-day thing about hospital admissions in my information for the policy in VA.

Jana

my65roses4me

Thanks so much for posting this information. I have been wanting to get one of these policies for a long time but didnt think anyone would cover a cfer. I emailed them and hopefully I will hear from them soon!
So when they call do I just tell them that I have cf? Also does it matter how often I have been in the hospital recently? What shouldnt I say when they call?
If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?

my65roses4me

Thanks so much for posting this information. I have been wanting to get one of these policies for a long time but didnt think anyone would cover a cfer. I emailed them and hopefully I will hear from them soon!
So when they call do I just tell them that I have cf? Also does it matter how often I have been in the hospital recently? What shouldnt I say when they call?
If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?

my65roses4me

<br />So when they call do I just tell them that I have cf? Also does it matter how often I have been in the hospital recently? What shouldnt I say when they call?
<br />If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>my65roses4me</b></i>

If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?</end quote></div>

We met with them last night. I was dead honest...about my daughter's CF, hospital stays...they stopped me and said that as long as no one in the house has diabetes or heart disease we won't be excluded. It sounds like a very good plan.

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>my65roses4me</b></i>

If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?</end quote>

We met with them last night. I was dead honest...about my daughter's CF, hospital stays...they stopped me and said that as long as no one in the house has diabetes or heart disease we won't be excluded. It sounds like a very good plan.

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Thanks so much for posting this information. I have been wanting to get one of these policies for a long time but didnt think anyone would cover a cfer. I emailed them and hopefully I will hear from them soon!
<br />
<br />So when they call do I just tell them that I have cf? Also does it matter how often I have been in the hospital recently? What shouldnt I say when they call?
<br />
<br />If In have ghpp which is a state insurance and medicare would I still qualify?</end quote>
<br />
<br />We met with them last night. I was dead honest...about my daughter's CF, hospital stays...they stopped me and said that as long as no one in the house has diabetes or heart disease we won't be excluded. It sounds like a very good plan.

julie

Yep Khristina, right now CF is NOT excluded, but I think it will be VERY soon. As long as you don't have anything on their "exclusions" list, they will cover you.

julie

Yep Khristina, right now CF is NOT excluded, but I think it will be VERY soon. As long as you don't have anything on their "exclusions" list, they will cover you.

julie

my65roses4me

I am so excited! I just got off the phone with them and I am now covered!! Wahoo!! It feels amazing! When i was younger and before cf affected me as much as it does now i was offered this kind of insurance. And being the young and naive person i was I didnt accept it. I have always regreted it and thought i would never find it again. I am so greatful for this thread an want to thank you all so much!! I cant express how greatful I am!!!!

my65roses4me

I am so excited! I just got off the phone with them and I am now covered!! Wahoo!! It feels amazing! When i was younger and before cf affected me as much as it does now i was offered this kind of insurance. And being the young and naive person i was I didnt accept it. I have always regreted it and thought i would never find it again. I am so greatful for this thread an want to thank you all so much!! I cant express how greatful I am!!!!

my65roses4me