if you knew your unborn child had cf would you abort it

M

melleemac

I personally could never have an abortion, however I am pro choice. Ive had friends who have had abortions.......and it wasnt an easy choice.....it still effects one of them til this day.
But something to think about........Here in Canda you can get an abortion at 20 weeks in hospital, or 14 to 18 weeks in a clinic. There has been records of babies being born at 20 and 21 weeks that have survived........makes you wonder! I have a niece that was born at 24 weeks and she is now 15!
Mel

M

melleemac

I personally could never have an abortion, however I am pro choice. Ive had friends who have had abortions.......and it wasnt an easy choice.....it still effects one of them til this day.
But something to think about........Here in Canda you can get an abortion at 20 weeks in hospital, or 14 to 18 weeks in a clinic. There has been records of babies being born at 20 and 21 weeks that have survived........makes you wonder! I have a niece that was born at 24 weeks and she is now 15!
Mel

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jfarel</b></i>

If you don't want to have children, don't have illicit sex. Abortion is not the answer.</end quote></div>

This statement is too broad of a statement to use it as a tool in a debate. By my responding to it I am encouraging the exact same thing that wasnt wanted. This thread carried on for a long time with polite exchange of thoughts, experiences without turning into a moral debate. You have your <b>views/thoughts/opinions</b> and others have theirs. Lets leave it at that. As I said throughout this entire topic.....right/wrong, good/bad, now/then it is a topic that will always exist and needs to be discussed. Its not just a matter of pushing any certain view, but rather taking a overall look at all thoughts contributed. Thank you for your part!

JazzysMom

If you don't want to have children, don't have illicit sex. Abortion is not the answer.</end quote></div>

This statement is too broad of a statement to use it as a tool in a debate. By my responding to it I am encouraging the exact same thing that wasnt wanted. This thread carried on for a long time with polite exchange of thoughts, experiences without turning into a moral debate. You have your <b>views/thoughts/opinions</b> and others have theirs. Lets leave it at that. As I said throughout this entire topic.....right/wrong, good/bad, now/then it is a topic that will always exist and needs to be discussed. Its not just a matter of pushing any certain view, but rather taking a overall look at all thoughts contributed. Thank you for your part!

JazzysMom

miesl

Guess what? I like sex. Shocking, I know. I greatly enjoy the participation in something that my body gets pleasure from. Again, my it's my body. Last time I checked, sex was in fact legal. Heck, it's even legal to enjoy it. So, exactly why should I not have it? Because I'm a woman? (Even better, what about rape?)

I agree that abortion shouldn't be the answer, but not for your reasons. The answer is birth control. There are many awesome ways to prevent pregnancy. However, they can and do fail. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. It's a medical procedure, and it's not cheap. Both reasons to try and cut down on it. BC should be taught, and more easily available - THAT is what will help cut down on abortions.

miesl

Guess what? I like sex. Shocking, I know. I greatly enjoy the participation in something that my body gets pleasure from. Again, my it's my body. Last time I checked, sex was in fact legal. Heck, it's even legal to enjoy it. So, exactly why should I not have it? Because I'm a woman? (Even better, what about rape?)

I agree that abortion shouldn't be the answer, but not for your reasons. The answer is birth control. There are many awesome ways to prevent pregnancy. However, they can and do fail. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. It's a medical procedure, and it's not cheap. Both reasons to try and cut down on it. BC should be taught, and more easily available - THAT is what will help cut down on abortions.

miesl

jfarel

I can't help the fact that I feel strongly about life. If someone's going to start a thread about this, this is the direction its going to take. I personally don't think this is the right website for this kind of discussion, but I'm not going to allow only one side to heard.

We're talking about a serious issue that raises a lot of passion. I'm sorry there is so much apathy on this board.

jfarel

I can't help the fact that I feel strongly about life. If someone's going to start a thread about this, this is the direction its going to take. I personally don't think this is the right website for this kind of discussion, but I'm not going to allow only one side to heard.

We're talking about a serious issue that raises a lot of passion. I'm sorry there is so much apathy on this board.

jfarel

JazzysMom

I can't the fact that I feel strongly about life. If someone's going to start a thread about this, that's what's going to happen. Lock it down or get out if you don't like it.

We're talking about a serious issue that raises a lot of passion. I'm sorry there is so much apathy on this board.</end quote></div>

YES it is a serious issue that raises a lot of passion and to say there is so much apathy seems obserd IMHO. Just as you say if someone doesnt like it get out...the same goes your way. You stand your ground like others will. Just in doing I would hope <b>EVERYONE</b> respects the forum no matter who started what thread.

JazzysMom

I can't the fact that I feel strongly about life. If someone's going to start a thread about this, that's what's going to happen. Lock it down or get out if you don't like it.

We're talking about a serious issue that raises a lot of passion. I'm sorry there is so much apathy on this board.</end quote></div>

YES it is a serious issue that raises a lot of passion and to say there is so much apathy seems obserd IMHO. Just as you say if someone doesnt like it get out...the same goes your way. You stand your ground like others will. Just in doing I would hope <b>EVERYONE</b> respects the forum no matter who started what thread.

JazzysMom