if you knew your unborn child had cf would you abort it

jfarel

Abortion is murder as I said before, and while that MAY JUST BE MY OPINION, it doesn't mean its not the TRUTH. Truth exists whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. If you think your opinion is just as valid or everyone is entitled to arrive at their own TRUTH, that's fine, but ultimately there will be consequences for that pluralistic type of thinking. Apply that logic, (where everyone arrives at their own truth), to other areas of society began a downward spiral of decadence which will lead to the downfall of America as we know it. It's that kind of thinking that allows a group called NAMBLA (National Man Boy Love Association) to exist.

Unless the mother is trying to save her own life there is no reason to abort. So what if an infant can't sustain life on its own, that logic is so faulty I can't believe you even brought it up. Neither can many people in ICU, but we don't murder them do we? Sometimes in ICU there are gray areas, where sustaining life no longer makes sense, I don't see that with 99 percent of abortions.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jfarel</b></i>

Abortion is murder as I said before, and its NOT JUST MY OPINION. It is FACT.

</end quote></div>

I am not getting into a debate, but what do you use to determine FACT? A Webster dictionary definition, the Bible, Law? I ask this because of peoples interpretation is all.

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

I am not getting into a debate, but what do you use to determine FACT? A Webster dictionary definition, the Bible, Law? I ask this because of peoples interpretation is all.

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

jfarel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>

</end quote></div>

I am not getting into a debate, but what do you use to determine FACT? A Webster dictionary definition, the Bible, Law? I ask this because of peoples interpretation is all.</end quote></div>

Judao-Christian Values.

jfarel

</end quote></div>

I am not getting into a debate, but what do you use to determine FACT? A Webster dictionary definition, the Bible, Law? I ask this because of peoples interpretation is all.</end quote></div>

Judao-Christian Values.

jfarel

</end quote></div>

Judao-Christian Values.

Emily65Roses

</end quote></div>

Judao-Christian Values.</end quote></div>

And as I'm sure I need not point out... not everyone holds Judao-Christian values. So it holds to reason that not everyone holds your VIEWS and OPINIONS (note I said views and opinions, not facts) on the subject of abortion. Myself included.

Emily65Roses

</end quote></div>

And as I'm sure I need not point out... not everyone holds Judao-Christian values. So it holds to reason that not everyone holds your VIEWS and OPINIONS (note I said views and opinions, not facts) on the subject of abortion. Myself included.

Emily65Roses

</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

</end quote></div>

And as I'm sure I need not point out... not everyone holds Judao-Christian values. So it holds to reason that not everyone holds your VIEWS and OPINIONS (note I said views and opinions, not facts) on the subject of abortion. Myself included.</end quote></div>

THIS is why I asked. Its beliefs, opinions & often interpretations......

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

</end quote></div>

And as I'm sure I need not point out... not everyone holds Judao-Christian values. So it holds to reason that not everyone holds your VIEWS and OPINIONS (note I said views and opinions, not facts) on the subject of abortion. Myself included.</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

miesl

It's a good thing then that our government is secular. You know, that funny "Consititution" thing.

And yes, it does in fact matter that a fetus cannot sustain life on it's own. It does not require machines (like someone in the ICU), it requires another, <b>willing</b> human participant. Until a fetus is viable, there is NOTHING, short of a uterus that can keep it alive.

Unless you want to tell me that my uterus is controlled by the state, I can decide exactly what gets to party in it and when. Please, tell me that the state should be allowed to force me to keep another organism alive against my will. After that it's just a small slide down the slippery slope to other nastier things.

Keep your laws off my body.

miesl

It's a good thing then that our government is secular. You know, that funny "Consititution" thing.

And yes, it does in fact matter that a fetus cannot sustain life on it's own. It does not require machines (like someone in the ICU), it requires another, <b>willing</b> human participant. Until a fetus is viable, there is NOTHING, short of a uterus that can keep it alive.

Unless you want to tell me that my uterus is controlled by the state, I can decide exactly what gets to party in it and when. Please, tell me that the state should be allowed to force me to keep another organism alive against my will. After that it's just a small slide down the slippery slope to other nastier things.

miesl

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>miesl</b></i>

Keep your laws off my body.</end quote></div>

Speak your mind....dont be shy! LMAO...

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

M

melleemac

I personally could never have an abortion, however I am pro choice. Ive had friends who have had abortions.......and it wasnt an easy choice.....it still effects one of them til this day.
But something to think about........Here in Canda you can get an abortion at 20 weeks in hospital, or 14 to 18 weeks in a clinic. There has been records of babies being born at 20 and 21 weeks that have survived........makes you wonder! I have a niece that was born at 24 weeks and she is now 15!
Mel