Insurance denied a new vest

Justsmurfin

Seems like I am the only person who likes the Hill Rom 104...works great for me. And for some reason my hoses never pop off...its a very rare thing. But I use the chest vest as it most comfortable/effective for me and I do notice the hoses pop off the full vest more when I do use that one...however still not like I hear others talk about

Justsmurfin

Seems like I am the only person who likes the Hill Rom 104...works great for me. And for some reason my hoses never pop off...its a very rare thing. But I use the chest vest as it most comfortable/effective for me and I do notice the hoses pop off the full vest more when I do use that one...however still not like I hear others talk about

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Andi2007

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I miscalculated - my vest will be 11 years old. My current insurance did not pay for this vest. I called Respirtech today and the girl couldn't believe that insurance denied the upgrade (yes, $6,000) for the 104 from Hill-Rom. I'm going to see if I can do a trial of the incourage and then see if insurance will approve.

I do have an Acapella, it came with me on my trip. Just doesn't do it for me. Of everything, I truly prefer manual CPT. My dream is that I could go to CPT therapy everyday and have a respiratory person pound on my back. It's the best.

Andi2007

I miscalculated - my vest will be 11 years old. My current insurance did not pay for this vest. I called Respirtech today and the girl couldn't believe that insurance denied the upgrade (yes, $6,000) for the 104 from Hill-Rom. I'm going to see if I can do a trial of the incourage and then see if insurance will approve.

I do have an Acapella, it came with me on my trip. Just doesn't do it for me. Of everything, I truly prefer manual CPT. My dream is that I could go to CPT therapy everyday and have a respiratory person pound on my back. It's the best.

Andi2007

Andi2007

Andi2007

<br />
<br />I miscalculated - my vest will be 11 years old. My current insurance did not pay for this vest. I called Respirtech today and the girl couldn't believe that insurance denied the upgrade (yes, $6,000) for the 104 from Hill-Rom. I'm going to see if I can do a trial of the incourage and then see if insurance will approve.
<br />
<br />I do have an Acapella, it came with me on my trip. Just doesn't do it for me. Of everything, I truly prefer manual CPT. My dream is that I could go to CPT therapy everyday and have a respiratory person pound on my back. It's the best.

saveferris2009

Have you tried another company?

As I'm sure you have read in this thread, there are many other medical justifications you can use to get a new brand of vest.....

It sounds like you haven't gone down that path at all yet...

saveferris2009

As I'm sure you have read in this thread, there are many other medical justifications you can use to get a new brand of vest.....

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />As I'm sure you have read in this thread, there are many other medical justifications you can use to get a new brand of vest.....
<br />
<br />It sounds like you haven't gone down that path at all yet...