Intention

SaltyAndSweet

I only have a minor in astrophysics, but after watching What the Bleep Do We Know, I was completely disgusted with the movie. With the little physical and engineering knowledge I have, I hated that movie.

Think that the movie has taken tidbits and pasted them together to prove their (the producers?, the investors?) point. The tidbits are mostly factual, but how they pasted them together, the whole is not necessarily telling the whole truth.

I sat there screaming at the TV screen while watching that movie because it made me so mad.

I don't mean that Faust's theories are not true, but that movie makes me so mad, how they went about describing it to non-physics folks, it makes me sick.

SaltyAndSweet

I only have a minor in astrophysics, but after watching What the Bleep Do We Know, I was completely disgusted with the movie. With the little physical and engineering knowledge I have, I hated that movie.

Think that the movie has taken tidbits and pasted them together to prove their (the producers?, the investors?) point. The tidbits are mostly factual, but how they pasted them together, the whole is not necessarily telling the whole truth.

I sat there screaming at the TV screen while watching that movie because it made me so mad.

I don't mean that Faust's theories are not true, but that movie makes me so mad, how they went about describing it to non-physics folks, it makes me sick.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />
<br />Think that the movie has taken tidbits and pasted them together to prove their (the producers?, the investors?) point. The tidbits are mostly factual, but how they pasted them together, the whole is not necessarily telling the whole truth.
<br />
<br />I sat there screaming at the TV screen while watching that movie because it made me so mad.
<br />
<br />I don't mean that Faust's theories are not true, but that movie makes me so mad, how they went about describing it to non-physics folks, it makes me sick.

Faust

What parts did you hate and thought were incorrect? The problem is, quantum physics is so ridiculously complex, the chances of non high end science academics understanding the principles is very low. I think the films main purpose was to show how much more was going on in reality than what we actually think is going on.

Faust

What parts did you hate and thought were incorrect? The problem is, quantum physics is so ridiculously complex, the chances of non high end science academics understanding the principles is very low. I think the films main purpose was to show how much more was going on in reality than what we actually think is going on.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />

Faust

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cfsucks</b></i>

so positive thinking could lead to positive health?</end quote></div>

Yes, and much more than that. They have found that matter on a micro (say bacteria, cells, fungus, etc), and quantum scale are affected by our consciousness. It's really neat. Also (and this isn't exactly very new) all matter is connected. Watch this clip for an example:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ja0UUKbVlhA&feature=related
">http://youtube.com/watch?v=ja0UUKbVlhA&feature=related
</a>

If people judge the What The Bleep films on the same level as what they would expect from a real quantum physicist giving an in depth explanation on the subject, they would be sorely disappointed. But, the film scores home runs for it's ability to take such a complex subject (quantum physics) and present entry level explanations of the fundamentals (entanglement, super positioning, intention experiments, etc) it's trying to present.

And more so, it's not a movie meant to explain the entire subject. It's main point is to describe with examples via explaining the fundamentals, many different experiments that have taken place to show intention/consciousness influencing matter/data in often controlled environments.

Faust

Yes, and much more than that. They have found that matter on a micro (say bacteria, cells, fungus, etc), and quantum scale are affected by our consciousness. It's really neat. Also (and this isn't exactly very new) all matter is connected. Watch this clip for an example:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ja0UUKbVlhA&feature=related
</a>

If people judge the What The Bleep films on the same level as what they would expect from a real quantum physicist giving an in depth explanation on the subject, they would be sorely disappointed. But, the film scores home runs for it's ability to take such a complex subject (quantum physics) and present entry level explanations of the fundamentals (entanglement, super positioning, intention experiments, etc) it's trying to present.

And more so, it's not a movie meant to explain the entire subject. It's main point is to describe with examples via explaining the fundamentals, many different experiments that have taken place to show intention/consciousness influencing matter/data in often controlled environments.

Faust

</a>

Faust

so positive thinking could lead to positive health?</end quote>

</a>

Faust

<br />
<br />so positive thinking could lead to positive health?</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes, and much more than that. They have found that matter on a micro (say bacteria, cells, fungus, etc), and quantum scale are affected by our consciousness. It's really neat. Also (and this isn't exactly very new) all matter is connected. Watch this clip for an example:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ja0UUKbVlhA&feature=related
</a><br />
<br />
<br />If people judge the What The Bleep films on the same level as what they would expect from a real quantum physicist giving an in depth explanation on the subject, they would be sorely disappointed. But, the film scores home runs for it's ability to take such a complex subject (quantum physics) and present entry level explanations of the fundamentals (entanglement, super positioning, intention experiments, etc) it's trying to present.
<br />
<br />And more so, it's not a movie meant to explain the entire subject. It's main point is to describe with examples via explaining the fundamentals, many different experiments that have taken place to show intention/consciousness influencing matter/data in often controlled environments.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />