Is there any Financial help?

julie

Yes, there is SSI for low income, or SSDI that a child can qualify for off of a grandparent or if a parent is currently recieving retirement social security.

There are also other programs out there that give one time assistance to families with CFers. There is the milan foundation (www.milan.com), Reach for the stars and quite a few other (I can get websites for you if you are interested).

I can also help you with social security if you need information on how to qualify, and what the impairment listings are.

If you need help with social security benefits, please email me at division902@verizon.net and you can check my "referneces" around this site, I've helped about 6 people in the last year get benefits. And best of all..... I'm free!

julie

Yes, there is SSI for low income, or SSDI that a child can qualify for off of a grandparent or if a parent is currently recieving retirement social security.

There are also other programs out there that give one time assistance to families with CFers. There is the milan foundation (www.milan.com), Reach for the stars and quite a few other (I can get websites for you if you are interested).

I can also help you with social security if you need information on how to qualify, and what the impairment listings are.

If you need help with social security benefits, please email me at division902@verizon.net and you can check my "referneces" around this site, I've helped about 6 people in the last year get benefits. And best of all..... I'm free!

julie

julie

julie

julie

pnhuffman

Julie,

I dont know if there are any places out there that would help the little boy we have custody of. He does receive the medical card and BCMH (Bureau of Children with Medical Handicaps) but if we were to adopt he would lose all of that and then it would be us trying to get him on our insurance and stuff.

But I was wondering if there was some sort of thing out there that would help with all of the travel expenses and the food and all the little things. Neither one of his parents pay support. Even thought they are court ordered. That's an ongoing battle. And personally I would rather they just stay out of his life.

I really thought that with him having Cystic Fibrosis, Arnold chiari malformation, and shunted hydrocephalus that he would qualify for SSI but he was turned down. And now after talking to his psycholgist she is beginning to think he has signs of ADHD.

I am grateful that he is receiving the Medical card and BCMH. I am just really looking out for things when he gets older. And these things are no longer available for him.

pnhuffman

Julie,

I dont know if there are any places out there that would help the little boy we have custody of. He does receive the medical card and BCMH (Bureau of Children with Medical Handicaps) but if we were to adopt he would lose all of that and then it would be us trying to get him on our insurance and stuff.

But I was wondering if there was some sort of thing out there that would help with all of the travel expenses and the food and all the little things. Neither one of his parents pay support. Even thought they are court ordered. That's an ongoing battle. And personally I would rather they just stay out of his life.

I really thought that with him having Cystic Fibrosis, Arnold chiari malformation, and shunted hydrocephalus that he would qualify for SSI but he was turned down. And now after talking to his psycholgist she is beginning to think he has signs of ADHD.

I am grateful that he is receiving the Medical card and BCMH. I am just really looking out for things when he gets older. And these things are no longer available for him.

pnhuffman

Julie,

pnhuffman

Julie,

pnhuffman

Julie,

pnhuffman

Julie,

julie

Are you aware of any of the CF impairment listings under the socical security rules?

After you applied and were denied, did you appeal? I've only heard of a handful of people being approved the first time. My husband was denied 7 times and finally won in an an appeal some 27 months after we initially applied.

I can help, and I'd be happy to do so, if you are interested in pursuing SS again.

julie

Are you aware of any of the CF impairment listings under the socical security rules?

After you applied and were denied, did you appeal? I've only heard of a handful of people being approved the first time. My husband was denied 7 times and finally won in an an appeal some 27 months after we initially applied.

I can help, and I'd be happy to do so, if you are interested in pursuing SS again.

julie

julie

julie

julie

pnhuffman

Yes I am interested. But does he have to be a certain age or what. He is only 6 years old. I would just like to get things in place for him so it wont be as difficult when he gets older. I know we have custody of him until he turns 18 but alot of things could happen between now and then.

We helped his biological mother try and to obtain SSI when she was living with us and had custody. And then she never followed through. So when we received custody we tried and was turned down.

I also contacted an attorney about this and they said basically the same thing that SSI told us. If they dont have any limitations they don't qualify.

pnhuffman

Yes I am interested. But does he have to be a certain age or what. He is only 6 years old. I would just like to get things in place for him so it wont be as difficult when he gets older. I know we have custody of him until he turns 18 but alot of things could happen between now and then.

We helped his biological mother try and to obtain SSI when she was living with us and had custody. And then she never followed through. So when we received custody we tried and was turned down.

I also contacted an attorney about this and they said basically the same thing that SSI told us. If they dont have any limitations they don't qualify.