just curious...who all has a picc line right now?

Asexyblond23

Im back with another one again right now. I had one in oct for 2 weeks and now am back on it again after coughing up blood the first weekend of dec. This time I am on cefipime and oral cipro. I will be done this friday and will get pfts to see how it is. This is my 3rd picc in a year, plus im on lovonox for the blood clots that i get with a picc.

Asexyblond23

Im back with another one again right now. I had one in oct for 2 weeks and now am back on it again after coughing up blood the first weekend of dec. This time I am on cefipime and oral cipro. I will be done this friday and will get pfts to see how it is. This is my 3rd picc in a year, plus im on lovonox for the blood clots that i get with a picc.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

zoe4life

Zoe, my almost 4 yr. old, has a picc currently. She is on iv Zyvox (extremely long iv-1 1/2 hours!), and iv Flortaz, inhaled Tobi. Ugghhhh!!!

Merry Christmas,

zoe4life

Zoe, my almost 4 yr. old, has a picc currently. She is on iv Zyvox (extremely long iv-1 1/2 hours!), and iv Flortaz, inhaled Tobi. Ugghhhh!!!

Merry Christmas,

zoe4life

Merry Christmas,

zoe4life

Merry Christmas,

zoe4life

Merry Christmas,

hbollotte

i'm on iv azactam(3x per day) and oral cipro and bactrim(2x per day). the longest i've had a picc is two weeks, i was just curious of how long you can keep them in.

i go back to my doctor on jan. 7th, but i think i'm stopping the meds on dec. 27th. i'm just going to wait and let my nurse take it out when i go for my appointment. i'd probably have to be admitted to the hospital around here just to get my picc out. i don't trust the doctors in this town (lake charles, la - i go to baylor in houston, tx)

hbollotte

i'm on iv azactam(3x per day) and oral cipro and bactrim(2x per day). the longest i've had a picc is two weeks, i was just curious of how long you can keep them in.

i go back to my doctor on jan. 7th, but i think i'm stopping the meds on dec. 27th. i'm just going to wait and let my nurse take it out when i go for my appointment. i'd probably have to be admitted to the hospital around here just to get my picc out. i don't trust the doctors in this town (lake charles, la - i go to baylor in houston, tx)

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

Asexyblond23

For as long as I can remember me and my mom always pulled out my own picc line, so as I got older and moved out I did the same just pulled them out on my own when I was done. So this past time the nurse at the new clinic I have been at for the past 3 years freaked out. She was like you did what????? Im like hello I have been doing it for years. Anyone else handle their own ivs?

Asexyblond23

For as long as I can remember me and my mom always pulled out my own picc line, so as I got older and moved out I did the same just pulled them out on my own when I was done. So this past time the nurse at the new clinic I have been at for the past 3 years freaked out. She was like you did what????? Im like hello I have been doing it for years. Anyone else handle their own ivs?

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23