just curious...who all has a picc line right now?

gsplover

I just had mine pulled. I had it in for 5 weeks. The PICC before that I had for 9 weeks. So as long as you flush it daily you should be ok to keep it in untill your appointment. Do you have a home health nurse? That is who pulls mine a lot. But my Doctor will pull it as well..yes my doctor. I think he get a thrill from pulling it.

gsplover

I just had mine pulled. I had it in for 5 weeks. The PICC before that I had for 9 weeks. So as long as you flush it daily you should be ok to keep it in untill your appointment. Do you have a home health nurse? That is who pulls mine a lot. But my Doctor will pull it as well..yes my doctor. I think he get a thrill from pulling it.

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

thelizardqueen

I had a PICC line these past two weeks, and was on Tobra and Levequin. Back in September I also had a PICC, but was taking Ceptazadine.

thelizardqueen

I had a PICC line these past two weeks, and was on Tobra and Levequin. Back in September I also had a PICC, but was taking Ceptazadine.

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

bittyhorse23

I do I do!!!!!

I just got out of the slammer so I have my PICC for another week or so. I am on Tobra, Cefepieme and Meropenem. Also on oral Zithromax. I've had the PICC since Dec 10th.

You should be ok leaving it in for that long with no meds. Like someone else said just flush it daily and you'll be ok.

I don't think I could pull my own. I have to look the other way when getting it and iv's out. Besides, I have mine held in place with stiches and those I could not pull out!!! Dam things (stiches) hurt more coming out than getting an iv!!!!

bittyhorse23

I do I do!!!!!

I just got out of the slammer so I have my PICC for another week or so. I am on Tobra, Cefepieme and Meropenem. Also on oral Zithromax. I've had the PICC since Dec 10th.

You should be ok leaving it in for that long with no meds. Like someone else said just flush it daily and you'll be ok.

I don't think I could pull my own. I have to look the other way when getting it and iv's out. Besides, I have mine held in place with stiches and those I could not pull out!!! Dam things (stiches) hurt more coming out than getting an iv!!!!

bittyhorse23

I do I do!!!!!

bittyhorse23

I do I do!!!!!

bittyhorse23

I do I do!!!!!