Night sweats [updated 5/3/08]

DarbSkull

Night sweats

Regarding myco: I cultured mycobacterium avium for years. For a long time my former clinic didn't do anything about it because they said it may not be doing any damage and the treatment is 2 years on abx.<br>
<br>
I was sick when I started seeing my current doc and he said we need to treat the myco, so I did 3 oral abx for 2 years. After the first year I stopped culturing the myco and it hasn't come back. So yes, it is possible to get rid of it. Of course, I haven't cultured PA since May of '07 and I cultured it for years too. But you know how I feel about the Danish method, so I won't beat that dead horse. <br>
<br>
I hope you get this figured this out soon!

DarbSkull

Night sweats

Regarding myco: I cultured mycobacterium avium for years. For a long time my former clinic didn't do anything about it because they said it may not be doing any damage and the treatment is 2 years on abx.<br>
<br>
I was sick when I started seeing my current doc and he said we need to treat the myco, so I did 3 oral abx for 2 years. After the first year I stopped culturing the myco and it hasn't come back. So yes, it is possible to get rid of it. Of course, I haven't cultured PA since May of '07 and I cultured it for years too. But you know how I feel about the Danish method, so I won't beat that dead horse. <br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Night sweats

<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Night sweats

<br>
<br>

DarbSkull

Night sweats

<br>
<br>

NoExcuses

Night sweats

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CowTown</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>NoExcuses</b></i>

were you able to get rid of your myco or does it colonize and stay around like PA?

</end quote></div>

It's good you got all those checked out so quickly. Yes, getting results back on the mycobacteria cultures take at least 6 weeks to grow b/c it's a slow growing bug. I hope that's not what you have, but I wouldn't worry about it until you have to cross that bridge. There are several different kinds of mycos, I have MAC, which you've heard me talk about a lot. Once you have it, it's yours, but there's treatment. Mine is one of the slowest growing ones, and other types grow a bit faster for your reference. Again, I would not worry about a myco until the test says you have it. I'm still betting your symptoms are just from stress or something simple.

Night sweats are one of the symptoms of having mycobacterias (I get them too sometimes), but many things can cause night sweats.

Keep us posted Amy. I'm sticking with that it's simple stress for you.</end quote></div>

thanks so muh for taking the time to post, Kel. I appreciate your input!!!!!!

NoExcuses

Night sweats

were you able to get rid of your myco or does it colonize and stay around like PA?

</end quote></div>

It's good you got all those checked out so quickly. Yes, getting results back on the mycobacteria cultures take at least 6 weeks to grow b/c it's a slow growing bug. I hope that's not what you have, but I wouldn't worry about it until you have to cross that bridge. There are several different kinds of mycos, I have MAC, which you've heard me talk about a lot. Once you have it, it's yours, but there's treatment. Mine is one of the slowest growing ones, and other types grow a bit faster for your reference. Again, I would not worry about a myco until the test says you have it. I'm still betting your symptoms are just from stress or something simple.

Night sweats are one of the symptoms of having mycobacterias (I get them too sometimes), but many things can cause night sweats.

Keep us posted Amy. I'm sticking with that it's simple stress for you.</end quote></div>

NoExcuses

Night sweats

</end quote></div>

NoExcuses

Night sweats

</end quote>

Keep us posted Amy. I'm sticking with that it's simple stress for you.</end quote>

NoExcuses

Night sweats

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>NoExcuses</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />were you able to get rid of your myco or does it colonize and stay around like PA?
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />It's good you got all those checked out so quickly. Yes, getting results back on the mycobacteria cultures take at least 6 weeks to grow b/c it's a slow growing bug. I hope that's not what you have, but I wouldn't worry about it until you have to cross that bridge. There are several different kinds of mycos, I have MAC, which you've heard me talk about a lot. Once you have it, it's yours, but there's treatment. Mine is one of the slowest growing ones, and other types grow a bit faster for your reference. Again, I would not worry about a myco until the test says you have it. I'm still betting your symptoms are just from stress or something simple.

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Night sweats are one of the symptoms of having mycobacterias (I get them too sometimes), but many things can cause night sweats.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Keep us posted Amy. I'm sticking with that it's simple stress for you.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />thanks so muh for taking the time to post, Kel. I appreciate your input!!!!!!

NoExcuses

Night sweats

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>DarbSkull</b></i>

Regarding myco: I cultured mycobacterium avium for years. For a long time my former clinic didn't do anything about it because they said it may not be doing any damage and the treatment is 2 years on abx.

I was sick when I started seeing my current doc and he said we need to treat the myco, so I did 3 oral abx for 2 years. After the first year I stopped culturing the myco and it hasn't come back. So yes, it is possible to get rid of it. Of course, I haven't cultured PA since May of '07 and I cultured it for years too. But you know how I feel about the Danish method, so I won't beat that dead horse.

I hope you get this figured this out soon!</end quote></div>

Plus you're probably on Denufosol, right D? that might have something to do with the PA stuff to.... I wouldn't be surprised.

I will be starting tiger 2 in a few weeks i think. SO EXCITED

NoExcuses

Night sweats

Regarding myco: I cultured mycobacterium avium for years. For a long time my former clinic didn't do anything about it because they said it may not be doing any damage and the treatment is 2 years on abx.

I was sick when I started seeing my current doc and he said we need to treat the myco, so I did 3 oral abx for 2 years. After the first year I stopped culturing the myco and it hasn't come back. So yes, it is possible to get rid of it. Of course, I haven't cultured PA since May of '07 and I cultured it for years too. But you know how I feel about the Danish method, so I won't beat that dead horse.

Plus you're probably on Denufosol, right D? that might have something to do with the PA stuff to.... I wouldn't be surprised.

NoExcuses

Night sweats

NoExcuses

Night sweats

I hope you get this figured this out soon!</end quote>

NoExcuses

Night sweats

<br />
<br />Regarding myco: I cultured mycobacterium avium for years. For a long time my former clinic didn't do anything about it because they said it may not be doing any damage and the treatment is 2 years on abx.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I was sick when I started seeing my current doc and he said we need to treat the myco, so I did 3 oral abx for 2 years. After the first year I stopped culturing the myco and it hasn't come back. So yes, it is possible to get rid of it. Of course, I haven't cultured PA since May of '07 and I cultured it for years too. But you know how I feel about the Danish method, so I won't beat that dead horse.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I hope you get this figured this out soon!</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Plus you're probably on Denufosol, right D? that might have something to do with the PA stuff to.... I wouldn't be surprised.
<br />
<br />I will be starting tiger 2 in a few weeks i think. SO EXCITED

C

christyisnutz

Night sweats

I had mycobacterium chelonae abscessus pre-transplant. It was a very virulent myco that basically ate away my lungs over a 2 1/2 year period. I was on IV's and an oral antibiotic for it the entire time (with the exception of a months break). Post-transplant I cultured mycobacterium avium complex, and at first the ID doc didn't want to treat it. My pulmonologist however, disagreed, b/c of my history with infections, and he treated me for 3 years. It never showed up again, and all of my bronchs come back clean today. BTW, I had no symptoms with the second myco, but had fevers, night sweats, and weight loss prior to being diagnosed with my first one.

Amy, I really hope it's not a myco, but if it is, I hope that it's avium instead of some other one. That's the most common, and I think the most treatable.

C

christyisnutz

Night sweats

I had mycobacterium chelonae abscessus pre-transplant. It was a very virulent myco that basically ate away my lungs over a 2 1/2 year period. I was on IV's and an oral antibiotic for it the entire time (with the exception of a months break). Post-transplant I cultured mycobacterium avium complex, and at first the ID doc didn't want to treat it. My pulmonologist however, disagreed, b/c of my history with infections, and he treated me for 3 years. It never showed up again, and all of my bronchs come back clean today. BTW, I had no symptoms with the second myco, but had fevers, night sweats, and weight loss prior to being diagnosed with my first one.

Amy, I really hope it's not a myco, but if it is, I hope that it's avium instead of some other one. That's the most common, and I think the most treatable.

C

christyisnutz

Night sweats

C

christyisnutz

Night sweats

C

christyisnutz

Night sweats

<br />
<br />Amy, I really hope it's not a myco, but if it is, I hope that it's avium instead of some other one. That's the most common, and I think the most treatable.