Radiologist placing port?

gsplover

I just had mine place a month ago. Today was the first day I flushed it. I was under light sedation. It was no sweat. I remeber itching my nose and the kept telling to stop. Then I would laugh. I had not pain at all. I had surgen put it in.

gsplover

I just had mine place a month ago. Today was the first day I flushed it. I was under light sedation. It was no sweat. I remeber itching my nose and the kept telling to stop. Then I would laugh. I had not pain at all. I had surgen put it in.

gsplover

gsplover

gsplover

mich

I got my very first port in Jan of 08 and I was a nervous wreck. Not just about the procedure, but about having a foreign object in my body. I thought I would get a ton of anxiety having something inside my chest 24/7 and was even thinking of having the port removed (thinking about this before I even got the port) if my anxiety was too bad.

Well, it was the best thing I have ever done and would recommend it and do it again in a hearbeat.

I had conscious sedation (was not intubated). I was asleep most of the time, occassionaly opening my eyes and when I did, I was aware of what was going on. I felt NO pain or pressure. What I did feel was the blood pressure cuff on my arm getting tight every so often. LOL! The procedure took about 20 minutes and I was sore and not able to lift or do much for the first 3 weeks.

My port has been a life saver. No more torture with piccs! It's like 1, 2, 3 and I'm accessed, ready to start iv's with no pain. I have my arm free and it's like I'm not even doing iv's.

Please don't cancel your appointment. If you have any more questions at all, don't hesistate to ask. I was a wreck and I'm totally fine and anxiety free over my port.

Good luck.
Take care,
Michelle
PS My port is located in my upper right chest and it's a small port.

mich

I got my very first port in Jan of 08 and I was a nervous wreck. Not just about the procedure, but about having a foreign object in my body. I thought I would get a ton of anxiety having something inside my chest 24/7 and was even thinking of having the port removed (thinking about this before I even got the port) if my anxiety was too bad.

Well, it was the best thing I have ever done and would recommend it and do it again in a hearbeat.

I had conscious sedation (was not intubated). I was asleep most of the time, occassionaly opening my eyes and when I did, I was aware of what was going on. I felt NO pain or pressure. What I did feel was the blood pressure cuff on my arm getting tight every so often. LOL! The procedure took about 20 minutes and I was sore and not able to lift or do much for the first 3 weeks.

My port has been a life saver. No more torture with piccs! It's like 1, 2, 3 and I'm accessed, ready to start iv's with no pain. I have my arm free and it's like I'm not even doing iv's.

Please don't cancel your appointment. If you have any more questions at all, don't hesistate to ask. I was a wreck and I'm totally fine and anxiety free over my port.

Good luck.
Take care,
Michelle

mich

Good luck.
Take care,
Michelle

mich

Good luck.
Take care,
Michelle

mich

<br />
<br />Well, it was the best thing I have ever done and would recommend it and do it again in a hearbeat.
<br />
<br />I had conscious sedation (was not intubated). I was asleep most of the time, occassionaly opening my eyes and when I did, I was aware of what was going on. I felt NO pain or pressure. What I did feel was the blood pressure cuff on my arm getting tight every so often. LOL! The procedure took about 20 minutes and I was sore and not able to lift or do much for the first 3 weeks.
<br />
<br />My port has been a life saver. No more torture with piccs! It's like 1, 2, 3 and I'm accessed, ready to start iv's with no pain. I have my arm free and it's like I'm not even doing iv's.
<br />
<br />Please don't cancel your appointment. If you have any more questions at all, don't hesistate to ask. I was a wreck and I'm totally fine and anxiety free over my port.
<br />
<br />Good luck.
<br />Take care,
<br />Michelle
<br />PS My port is located in my upper right chest and it's a small port.

mich

I forgot to mention that my port was placed in interventional radiology.
<br />
<br />Michelle
<br />34 wcf

Skye

I have had 2 sinus surgeries and an appendectomy using the "twilight sleep" method. I would totally recommend that. For me, I was still not aware of much and I didn't feel a thing.

Skye

I have had 2 sinus surgeries and an appendectomy using the "twilight sleep" method. I would totally recommend that. For me, I was still not aware of much and I didn't feel a thing.

Skye

Skye

Skye