"SIKO"

BigBee

"SIKO

Scott & Jada, Loved your posts! Thanks.

I manage a medical clinic and see it across the board.

<u>An overwhelming sense of entitlement in our nation. </u>

We live in a great country which certainly allows you the choice to purchase a new car, go on trips, have an iphone, etc in lieu of purchasing health insurance or contributing to your employer sponsered retirement plan. But where oh where is the accountability for your actions?? I tell my 9 year old, life's about choices and you have to make them and live with them. I wish everyone else did.

BigBee

"SIKO

We live in a great country which certainly allows you the choice to purchase a new car, go on trips, have an iphone, etc in lieu of purchasing health insurance or contributing to your employer sponsered retirement plan. But where oh where is the accountability for your actions?? I tell my 9 year old, life's about choices and you have to make them and live with them. I wish everyone else did.

BigBee

"SIKO

BigBee

"SIKO

BigBee

"SIKO

BigBee

"SIKO

PeterC

"SIKO

The Market has excluded 40 million people from getting good health care!!!

The number keeps growing every year. Will you or your family be added to the list next?

How do you intend to take care of that???

The main point is that the system is terribly broken and there has to be an open and free exchange of ideas as to how to solve the problem without people going bankrupt. We can do this as a nation!!

Buzz words like <u>Socialized Medicine, Nazi </u>and <u>Communist supported</u> will only serve to inflame people and not get to the heart of the matter which is good health care for all. The ideas we come up with together will look nothing like what was proposed more than sixty years ago because most people and current market forces will not allow it. We just have to come together on solving this issue and I am sure we will come up with a system that is fare and provides the level of care every person living in the US deserves.

We all want good health care and we all want every one of our family and friends to get the care they deserve.

Good health care for all should be a right and not a priviledge as it now is.

Would you want to be refused clean drinking water just because you don't make enough money to qualify?

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

The number keeps growing every year. Will you or your family be added to the list next?

The main point is that the system is terribly broken and there has to be an open and free exchange of ideas as to how to solve the problem without people going bankrupt. We can do this as a nation!!

Buzz words like <u>Socialized Medicine, Nazi </u>and <u>Communist supported</u> will only serve to inflame people and not get to the heart of the matter which is good health care for all. The ideas we come up with together will look nothing like what was proposed more than sixty years ago because most people and current market forces will not allow it. We just have to come together on solving this issue and I am sure we will come up with a system that is fare and provides the level of care every person living in the US deserves.

We all want good health care and we all want every one of our family and friends to get the care they deserve.

Would you want to be refused clean drinking water just because you don't make enough money to qualify?

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

Sincerely:
PeterC 58/cf

PeterC

"SIKO

A recent New York Times article spells out how the discussion on health care for all will be framed by the right since events in England.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/070907E.shtml
">http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/070907E.shtml
</a>
I hope you will read and comment!

Sincerely:
peterC

PeterC

"SIKO

A recent New York Times article spells out how the discussion on health care for all will be framed by the right since events in England.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/070907E.shtml
</a>

Sincerely:
peterC

PeterC

"SIKO

</a>

Sincerely:
peterC

PeterC

"SIKO

</a>

Sincerely:
peterC

PeterC

"SIKO

</a>

Sincerely:
peterC

PeterC

"SIKO

</a>

Sincerely:
peterC

Wheezie

"SIKO

Just curious - for those of you who believe Americans should take responsibility for their own health care costs, how many of you have insurance through your employer? Because if you're only paying a small deductible each month and small co-pays for prescriptions and dr. visits, then it could be argued that you're not really taking full responsibility for your health care at all; you're relying on your employer. In a truly free system, would your salary be enough to buy health insurance that was adequate to care for a person with CF?

Secondly, health insurance cannot be purchased by everyone in America as some have suggested in this thread. Sure, companies with over x number of employees are required by law to insure their employees, even those with CF or other pre-existing conditions. But that is if you are healthy enough to work, and work for a large enough company at that. In a truly free market, what would it be like for people with CF who were too sick to work but could only get insurance if they paid for it out of their own pockets? Could they even GET insured with a pre-existing condition? If they didn't have insurance, could they afford the multitude of prescriptions necessary? How could they afford to pay for any of this if they weren't able to work?

I'm all about personal responsibility - I just think some of the arguments presented along those lines are unrealistic when we're talking about caring for people Cystic Fibrosis. I chose to focus on CF as that is what this forum is primarily about. My comments don't even begin to address the multitude of other scenarios out there that are or could be affected by a lack of health insurance.

Like I said before, I'm not sure if "socialized medicine" is the answer, but I do believe the system needs to be reformed and I also believe that the "every man for himself" philosophy would be a step in the wrong direction.

Wheezie

"SIKO

Just curious - for those of you who believe Americans should take responsibility for their own health care costs, how many of you have insurance through your employer? Because if you're only paying a small deductible each month and small co-pays for prescriptions and dr. visits, then it could be argued that you're not really taking full responsibility for your health care at all; you're relying on your employer. In a truly free system, would your salary be enough to buy health insurance that was adequate to care for a person with CF?

Secondly, health insurance cannot be purchased by everyone in America as some have suggested in this thread. Sure, companies with over x number of employees are required by law to insure their employees, even those with CF or other pre-existing conditions. But that is if you are healthy enough to work, and work for a large enough company at that. In a truly free market, what would it be like for people with CF who were too sick to work but could only get insurance if they paid for it out of their own pockets? Could they even GET insured with a pre-existing condition? If they didn't have insurance, could they afford the multitude of prescriptions necessary? How could they afford to pay for any of this if they weren't able to work?

I'm all about personal responsibility - I just think some of the arguments presented along those lines are unrealistic when we're talking about caring for people Cystic Fibrosis. I chose to focus on CF as that is what this forum is primarily about. My comments don't even begin to address the multitude of other scenarios out there that are or could be affected by a lack of health insurance.

Like I said before, I'm not sure if "socialized medicine" is the answer, but I do believe the system needs to be reformed and I also believe that the "every man for himself" philosophy would be a step in the wrong direction.