Sinus Migraines

nick9742

I have dealt with mine ever since my 3rd sinus surgery about 4 years ago. At first my ENT was giving me Vicodin until that wasn't enough and they were actually bad enough that I was referred to a pain management clinic. I was put on MS-Contin (Time released morphine) for a few months but due to side effects was switched over to Oxycontin (time released oxycodone) and Percocet for breakthrough headaches (which I still had often, even on that strong OxyContin). Unfortunately that didn't work for very long either and now I have been on 50 mcg/hr Duragesic (Fentanyl) patches. These were a godsend. I just slap one on my back every 3 days and I'm pain free with no side effects. If I do have any breakthrough pain, it isn't very bad and Motrin takes care of it. Of course, I don't recommend anyone go this route (narcotics) because it is not fun being dependent on it. But if you try everything and you just can't get any relief, a pain management clinic is an option. I don't know how bad yours are exactly, but mine were extreme enough I was having to go to the hospital almost every night because it felt like my face was going to explode. Doctors still don't know why the pain is so extreme, because my sinuses are pretty much open and clean right now. The pain clinic was my last resort. I had tried every single thing that 2 seperate ENT doctors recommended and everything my pulmonologist had recommended with no relief at all.

Hope you get well and painfree soon.

nick9742

I have dealt with mine ever since my 3rd sinus surgery about 4 years ago. At first my ENT was giving me Vicodin until that wasn't enough and they were actually bad enough that I was referred to a pain management clinic. I was put on MS-Contin (Time released morphine) for a few months but due to side effects was switched over to Oxycontin (time released oxycodone) and Percocet for breakthrough headaches (which I still had often, even on that strong OxyContin). Unfortunately that didn't work for very long either and now I have been on 50 mcg/hr Duragesic (Fentanyl) patches. These were a godsend. I just slap one on my back every 3 days and I'm pain free with no side effects. If I do have any breakthrough pain, it isn't very bad and Motrin takes care of it. Of course, I don't recommend anyone go this route (narcotics) because it is not fun being dependent on it. But if you try everything and you just can't get any relief, a pain management clinic is an option. I don't know how bad yours are exactly, but mine were extreme enough I was having to go to the hospital almost every night because it felt like my face was going to explode. Doctors still don't know why the pain is so extreme, because my sinuses are pretty much open and clean right now. The pain clinic was my last resort. I had tried every single thing that 2 seperate ENT doctors recommended and everything my pulmonologist had recommended with no relief at all.

nick9742

nick9742

nick9742

northernlight

Hi

I am in Ontario, Canada and my son has C.F. with very bad sinus headaches. He has had 3 surgeries in last year and is a lot of pain, due to the pressure above his eyes. He has not been well since Jan. What is the product you were referring to that is used in the shower? Does this work for you?

northernlight

Hi

I am in Ontario, Canada and my son has C.F. with very bad sinus headaches. He has had 3 surgeries in last year and is a lot of pain, due to the pressure above his eyes. He has not been well since Jan. What is the product you were referring to that is used in the shower? Does this work for you?

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi

northernlight

Hi