SL Crash Course

Marjolein

Amy
Can it be that you need to recieve an email to really confirm everything?
The fact that your avator doesn't exist might be why I can't see you..
And then it's the same with Jane and Mel....

Maybe you can find out more when you click on 'forgot password' or something like that. I needed that yesterday cause I hadn't been on for a few weeks. I could fill in my avators name but there was something there that you could fill in your email too, in case you forgot the name too. Maybe try filling in your email and see what they sent you.

Marjolein

Amy

Maybe you can find out more when you click on 'forgot password' or something like that. I needed that yesterday cause I hadn't been on for a few weeks. I could fill in my avators name but there was something there that you could fill in your email too, in case you forgot the name too. Maybe try filling in your email and see what they sent you.

Marjolein

Amy

Marjolein

Amy

Marjolein

Amy
<br />Can it be that you need to recieve an email to really confirm everything?
<br />The fact that your avator doesn't exist might be why I can't see you..
<br />And then it's the same with Jane and Mel....
<br />
<br />Maybe you can find out more when you click on 'forgot password' or something like that. I needed that yesterday cause I hadn't been on for a few weeks. I could fill in my avators name but there was something there that you could fill in your email too, in case you forgot the name too. Maybe try filling in your email and see what they sent you.

JORDYSMOM

I have tried everything to make my avatar look "normal". I've changed clothing color, etc. That changes, but my avatar is still out of proportion. My head is between my legs (I know, funny haha!) and i just look like I am melting. All other avatars look the same way, but the environment is normal. I have navigated to Boomer Island, and I have even spoken with other members. I don't know what to do about this. It's really strange. Any suggestions?

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I have tried everything to make my avatar look "normal". I've changed clothing color, etc. That changes, but my avatar is still out of proportion. My head is between my legs (I know, funny haha!) and i just look like I am melting. All other avatars look the same way, but the environment is normal. I have navigated to Boomer Island, and I have even spoken with other members. I don't know what to do about this. It's really strange. Any suggestions?

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Stacey

Scottius

Stacey, let me know when you might be on next, and I'll see if I can do any troubleshooting, or find someone who can help you. The head between the legs thing is new to me though.

The skin given at the beginning of Second Life is often referred to as the "newbie" skin because it is very generic looking. With a bit of patience, you can find other skins, shapes, hair, and even different poses that better suit you, with a remarkable amount of free options.

Also keep in mind that Jeanne is planning on having an orientation party where there will be very experienced folks who will have answers to most questions.

Scottius

Stacey, let me know when you might be on next, and I'll see if I can do any troubleshooting, or find someone who can help you. The head between the legs thing is new to me though.

The skin given at the beginning of Second Life is often referred to as the "newbie" skin because it is very generic looking. With a bit of patience, you can find other skins, shapes, hair, and even different poses that better suit you, with a remarkable amount of free options.

Also keep in mind that Jeanne is planning on having an orientation party where there will be very experienced folks who will have answers to most questions.

Scottius

Scottius

Scottius

<br />
<br />The skin given at the beginning of Second Life is often referred to as the "newbie" skin because it is very generic looking. With a bit of patience, you can find other skins, shapes, hair, and even different poses that better suit you, with a remarkable amount of free options.
<br />
<br />Also keep in mind that Jeanne is planning on having an orientation party where there will be very experienced folks who will have answers to most questions.
<br />
<br />

JORDYSMOM

Thanks Scott. I just left there. I was talking with Jeanne and Marjolein. Marjolein was invisible, except for her name, and Jeanne was distorted looking like me. I had to sign off, because I got a phone call, but I'll try to go back tomorrow around 1:00 p.m. central time.

My computer is about a year and a half old. It's a Dell Dimension 5150 if that helps. I have high-speed internet. I'm thinking my video card is sufficient if everything else looks right. I mean wouldn't everything be distorted if my video card wasn't up to snuff?

I read in the help section about the newbie skin, and I tried what they suggested. It's not just my skin that looks funny though. My avatar's arms are straight out to the sides, and have stringy lines coming down from them. As I mentioned before, my head is not on my neck, but between my knees. I look like a headless phoenix! LOL The other avatars look like that too. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Thanks Scott. I just left there. I was talking with Jeanne and Marjolein. Marjolein was invisible, except for her name, and Jeanne was distorted looking like me. I had to sign off, because I got a phone call, but I'll try to go back tomorrow around 1:00 p.m. central time.

My computer is about a year and a half old. It's a Dell Dimension 5150 if that helps. I have high-speed internet. I'm thinking my video card is sufficient if everything else looks right. I mean wouldn't everything be distorted if my video card wasn't up to snuff?

I read in the help section about the newbie skin, and I tried what they suggested. It's not just my skin that looks funny though. My avatar's arms are straight out to the sides, and have stringy lines coming down from them. As I mentioned before, my head is not on my neck, but between my knees. I look like a headless phoenix! LOL The other avatars look like that too. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />My computer is about a year and a half old. It's a Dell Dimension 5150 if that helps. I have high-speed internet. I'm thinking my video card is sufficient if everything else looks right. I mean wouldn't everything be distorted if my video card wasn't up to snuff?
<br />
<br />I read in the help section about the newbie skin, and I tried what they suggested. It's not just my skin that looks funny though. My avatar's arms are straight out to the sides, and have stringy lines coming down from them. As I mentioned before, my head is not on my neck, but between my knees. I look like a headless phoenix! LOL The other avatars look like that too. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.
<br />
<br />Stacey