Smoking Marijuana

needingadvice13

hi everyone, i have mild CF (sweat test 43 and 46) and my lung functions are completely normal and my doctors are amazed by my lung function for being diagnosed a year ago with "mild CF". My lung functions are as normal as someone without cystic fibrosis and the only symptom i have is coughing. The coughing is now reduced to a rare cough (around 5 a day) due to my accapella and my nebulizer (saline solution) that i only have to do once a day. Basically i am in amazing health and i should live a competely long and normal life. My doctors said that 90% of what i read on cff.org and other websites don't apply to me. I also have completely normal weight and height, so basically, i am an amazing health for having this horrible disease.

I am not trying to make others feel bad, but my main thing is everyone around me is smoking marijuana and i was wondering if it is HORRIBLE for me to do every once and awhile (3 or 4 times a year at most). It's not a "everyone is doing it so why shouldn't i" but i just want to do it once and awhile. Do you think this is really bad for my health? I smoked weed once before i was diagnosed and i coughed a little and this was before i even did treatments because i wasn't diagnosed.

I know i could eat the brownies and stuff like that but it's harder and just easier to smoke the weed. Can someone give me some good advice.

and in case you are wondering, i know that it is not going to benefit my health in any way as some people have stated. So you don't have to worry about that.

i posted this in teenager section, but not many people are responding and i feel like older people with CF have experienced what i am going through and have good advice. So that's why i posted here also.

thanks.

needingadvice13

hi everyone, i have mild CF (sweat test 43 and 46) and my lung functions are completely normal and my doctors are amazed by my lung function for being diagnosed a year ago with "mild CF". My lung functions are as normal as someone without cystic fibrosis and the only symptom i have is coughing. The coughing is now reduced to a rare cough (around 5 a day) due to my accapella and my nebulizer (saline solution) that i only have to do once a day. Basically i am in amazing health and i should live a competely long and normal life. My doctors said that 90% of what i read on cff.org and other websites don't apply to me. I also have completely normal weight and height, so basically, i am an amazing health for having this horrible disease.

I am not trying to make others feel bad, but my main thing is everyone around me is smoking marijuana and i was wondering if it is HORRIBLE for me to do every once and awhile (3 or 4 times a year at most). It's not a "everyone is doing it so why shouldn't i" but i just want to do it once and awhile. Do you think this is really bad for my health? I smoked weed once before i was diagnosed and i coughed a little and this was before i even did treatments because i wasn't diagnosed.

I know i could eat the brownies and stuff like that but it's harder and just easier to smoke the weed. Can someone give me some good advice.

and in case you are wondering, i know that it is not going to benefit my health in any way as some people have stated. So you don't have to worry about that.

i posted this in teenager section, but not many people are responding and i feel like older people with CF have experienced what i am going through and have good advice. So that's why i posted here also.

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

Emily65Roses

3 or 4 times a year are not likely to kill you... but why jeopardize that wonderful lung health you have? If you screw with it, those rules that your doctors say don't apply... may start applying. I smoked weed in high school, so I'm not just being all dumb and preachy.

Here's the hint. Buy a little bit more at a time and then bake it. That way you're eating it. No lung harm done. And you can still get high as a mother. Hah.

So no, 3 or 4 times a year is not going to kill you. I did it more often than that in high school and my lungs have always given me trouble. But if you can eat it instead, I'd suggest that in a heartbeat.

Emily65Roses

3 or 4 times a year are not likely to kill you... but why jeopardize that wonderful lung health you have? If you screw with it, those rules that your doctors say don't apply... may start applying. I smoked weed in high school, so I'm not just being all dumb and preachy.

Here's the hint. Buy a little bit more at a time and then bake it. That way you're eating it. No lung harm done. And you can still get high as a mother. Hah.

So no, 3 or 4 times a year is not going to kill you. I did it more often than that in high school and my lungs have always given me trouble. But if you can eat it instead, I'd suggest that in a heartbeat.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

perky79

I have smoked a bit of MJ in my past. Mostly in high school. I dont regret it and Im happy I shared those experiences with my friends. BUT any form of smoking is not good for us CF'ers. Brownies is the best way for us. We all have to deal with this disease in our own way, and for me I allow my health to take a back seat to living life. Just my two cents.

perky79

I have smoked a bit of MJ in my past. Mostly in high school. I dont regret it and Im happy I shared those experiences with my friends. BUT any form of smoking is not good for us CF'ers. Brownies is the best way for us. We all have to deal with this disease in our own way, and for me I allow my health to take a back seat to living life. Just my two cents.

perky79

perky79

perky79

needingadvice13

ya i agree about letting health taking a back seat to living life because you can't live your life in fear of dying at an early age because you will lose out on experiences. I don't let cystic fibrosis control my life and i never will. thanks for yhe advice

needingadvice13

ya i agree about letting health taking a back seat to living life because you can't live your life in fear of dying at an early age because you will lose out on experiences. I don't let cystic fibrosis control my life and i never will. thanks for yhe advice

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

needingadvice13