SO ANGRY

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
Maybe because I have been around HIV patients (close, personal and business) that I dont see why you were quite so upset. They might not have thought anything of it from an HIV/AIDS standpoint, BUT I do agree that since she is potentially in a compromised health catergory that she might have bugs that could be a problem with CF. IF that is what you are concerned about then I would address THAT factor of not knowing with your in laws.

It is difficult for people to grasp now a "innocent" situation could jeopardize a CFers health no matter how "healthy" we appear to be. NOW if you are freaking just because she is HIV then I think you need to take a breath.

Would you feel the same about a Cancer patient? They could have compromised systems allowing a bug thats a problem for us to be with them.

I am trying to understand yet I think I am missing it.</end quote>

While I don't share the love for freaking out over other sick people, this is a good point. If you're just worried about the HIV, then I disagree with your reaction. If you're worried about what bugs she might have, having a compromised system (and would also worry about someone post-tx or with cancer or whatever), then it's still not something <b>I</b> would do... but I'd understand if <i>you</i> would.

Emily65Roses

Maybe because I have been around HIV patients (close, personal and business) that I dont see why you were quite so upset. They might not have thought anything of it from an HIV/AIDS standpoint, BUT I do agree that since she is potentially in a compromised health catergory that she might have bugs that could be a problem with CF. IF that is what you are concerned about then I would address THAT factor of not knowing with your in laws.

It is difficult for people to grasp now a "innocent" situation could jeopardize a CFers health no matter how "healthy" we appear to be. NOW if you are freaking just because she is HIV then I think you need to take a breath.

Would you feel the same about a Cancer patient? They could have compromised systems allowing a bug thats a problem for us to be with them.

While I don't share the love for freaking out over other sick people, this is a good point. If you're just worried about the HIV, then I disagree with your reaction. If you're worried about what bugs she might have, having a compromised system (and would also worry about someone post-tx or with cancer or whatever), then it's still not something <b>I</b> would do... but I'd understand if <i>you</i> would.

thefrogprincess

OK, I do understand your position, I do, but I think you are over reacting. This is exactly the attitude that people had in the 80's when everyone was making AIDS out to be the next plague. Its downright discriminatory. How do you think this woman would feel if she heard about your reaction? It would be no different than how you would feel if your daughter was not invited to a birthday party because people were afraid that she is contagious. The chances of this woman giving your daughter HIV are SO small, neither of them had an open wound did they? I would be more worried about your daughter passing something to the girlfriend, seeing how she has a weakened immune system and infection could potentially kill her.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......

thefrogprincess

OK, I do understand your position, I do, but I think you are over reacting. This is exactly the attitude that people had in the 80's when everyone was making AIDS out to be the next plague. Its downright discriminatory. How do you think this woman would feel if she heard about your reaction? It would be no different than how you would feel if your daughter was not invited to a birthday party because people were afraid that she is contagious. The chances of this woman giving your daughter HIV are SO small, neither of them had an open wound did they? I would be more worried about your daughter passing something to the girlfriend, seeing how she has a weakened immune system and infection could potentially kill her.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

js7881

I am trying to understand yet I think I am missing it.</end quote></div>

You are definetly missing it. First, my daughter can't catch cancer. So, lets just get that out of the way. Second, I am going to have serious anger towards any person who puts my daughter at any kind of health risk. It's not so much the HIV issue but when some one is sick I don't want Alayna around it.

js7881

You are definetly missing it. First, my daughter can't catch cancer. So, lets just get that out of the way. Second, I am going to have serious anger towards any person who puts my daughter at any kind of health risk. It's not so much the HIV issue but when some one is sick I don't want Alayna around it.

js7881

js7881

js7881

js7881

js7881

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......</end quote></div>

Are you F***ing kidding me??? YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE. Who the F*** are you to say CF is going to kill my daughter. You have no place to say that. Second, it's the fact they didn't tell me. I wouldn't have kept my daughter away from her or left. I would have just been more aware of the situation. Like one of the other posts said it's not only HIV but the germs that go with it that could harm my daughter. I had a cousin that died of AIDS so I am completely aware of the disease. My job is to protect my daughter so I want to know if someone has something that could harm her.

The whole point of this is my daughter's health was at risk in more ways then one and they failed to tell me!!!!

I am not discriminating against anyone and if you feel I am don't post!!!!!

js7881

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......</end quote></div>

Are you F***ing kidding me??? YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE. Who the F*** are you to say CF is going to kill my daughter. You have no place to say that. Second, it's the fact they didn't tell me. I wouldn't have kept my daughter away from her or left. I would have just been more aware of the situation. Like one of the other posts said it's not only HIV but the germs that go with it that could harm my daughter. I had a cousin that died of AIDS so I am completely aware of the disease. My job is to protect my daughter so I want to know if someone has something that could harm her.

The whole point of this is my daughter's health was at risk in more ways then one and they failed to tell me!!!!

js7881

js7881

js7881

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......</end quote>

js7881

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I've known people with HIV and guess what? Not matter how they contracted it they are still people, and they have a very serious disease that is going to kill them, kinda like your daughter......</end quote>