Steam Mops

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bugsyroscoe</b></i>

Well, I got a Shark steam mop today for my Birthday. I just had to try it and so far so good! It worked well on the tile and the wood floors. Very little "water" remained on the floor. I just can't believe I am cleaning on my b-day though! LOL</end quote></div>

How many of the washable pads come with it? IF I get one I would like to have 2/3 since I know my floors are a mess & they wont get washed every day!

I wouldnt mind cleaning on my birthday. I am the type that welcomes anything that makes life easier!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bugsyroscoe</b></i>

Well, I got a Shark steam mop today for my Birthday. I just had to try it and so far so good! It worked well on the tile and the wood floors. Very little "water" remained on the floor. I just can't believe I am cleaning on my b-day though! LOL</end quote></div>

How many of the washable pads come with it? IF I get one I would like to have 2/3 since I know my floors are a mess & they wont get washed every day!

I wouldnt mind cleaning on my birthday. I am the type that welcomes anything that makes life easier!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Well, I got a Shark steam mop today for my Birthday. I just had to try it and so far so good! It worked well on the tile and the wood floors. Very little "water" remained on the floor. I just can't believe I am cleaning on my b-day though! LOL</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Well, I got a Shark steam mop today for my Birthday. I just had to try it and so far so good! It worked well on the tile and the wood floors. Very little "water" remained on the floor. I just can't believe I am cleaning on my b-day though! LOL</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />How many of the washable pads come with it? IF I get one I would like to have 2/3 since I know my floors are a mess & they wont get washed every day!
<br />
<br />I wouldnt mind cleaning on my birthday. I am the type that welcomes anything that makes life easier!
<br />

B

bugsyroscoe

The one my hubby got me has 2 pads that come with it. I think you can buy more. For some reason I think I remember seeing that Bed Bath and Beyond had one that comes with 5??

B

bugsyroscoe

The one my hubby got me has 2 pads that come with it. I think you can buy more. For some reason I think I remember seeing that Bed Bath and Beyond had one that comes with 5??

B

bugsyroscoe

B

bugsyroscoe

B

bugsyroscoe

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Just used it to clean the tile floors in the bathroom & kitchen, hardwood in the hall and living room and pergo in the new addition. Worked pretty slick. I'm still a little apprehensive about the bathroom 'cuz I like having that just cleaned soapy smell, but with a little boy, I already use antibacterial cleaning wipes to clean off and around the toilet.

The pad was pretty dirty looking when I was done and my floors weren't noticible dirty except a few coffee and juice spots in the kitchen. It came with two pads and I saw I could purchase two more at Target for $18... Still much cheaper than the swiffer wet jet and there's no foggy residue left on my floors.

It's a little harder to push than a mop and takes a little longer. But unlike the mop and bucket method I usually use, the floor was pretty much dry in a few minutes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Just used it to clean the tile floors in the bathroom & kitchen, hardwood in the hall and living room and pergo in the new addition. Worked pretty slick. I'm still a little apprehensive about the bathroom 'cuz I like having that just cleaned soapy smell, but with a little boy, I already use antibacterial cleaning wipes to clean off and around the toilet.

The pad was pretty dirty looking when I was done and my floors weren't noticible dirty except a few coffee and juice spots in the kitchen. It came with two pads and I saw I could purchase two more at Target for $18... Still much cheaper than the swiffer wet jet and there's no foggy residue left on my floors.

It's a little harder to push than a mop and takes a little longer. But unlike the mop and bucket method I usually use, the floor was pretty much dry in a few minutes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />The pad was pretty dirty looking when I was done and my floors weren't noticible dirty except a few coffee and juice spots in the kitchen. It came with two pads and I saw I could purchase two more at Target for $18... Still much cheaper than the swiffer wet jet and there's no foggy residue left on my floors.
<br />
<br />It's a little harder to push than a mop and takes a little longer. But unlike the mop and bucket method I usually use, the floor was pretty much dry in a few minutes.

MicheleGazelle

One thought: This might work well with wood and tile floors (I really don't know, don't have experience with it), but my experience has been that steam cleaning carpets gradually makes the problems worse, not better. Initially, I thought steam cleaning them was wonderful. But over time, the carpets really deteriorated in terms of how much they bothered us. I think damp carpets grow stuff...or something.

MicheleGazelle

One thought: This might work well with wood and tile floors (I really don't know, don't have experience with it), but my experience has been that steam cleaning carpets gradually makes the problems worse, not better. Initially, I thought steam cleaning them was wonderful. But over time, the carpets really deteriorated in terms of how much they bothered us. I think damp carpets grow stuff...or something.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />