To have more children (with possible CF) or not

miesl

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.

miesl

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.

miesl

miesl

miesl

Darinsmom

My name is Laurie. Do you know him? It's all how your brought up and explained to. I'm not going to defend my statement.

Darinsmom

My name is Laurie. Do you know him? It's all how your brought up and explained to. I'm not going to defend my statement.

Darinsmom

Darinsmom

Darinsmom

Darinsmom

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>miesl</b></i>

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.</end quote></div>

Dont under estimate a nine year old. I will say tho that he might not be able to comprehend the progressive/end stages of CF until its there, but quite frankly as Allie, Lisa & Karen would verify.......I dont think anyone can until you are there!

For me its the "suffering" during end stage that scares me more then death itself. When my Dad died it was painful, but what haunts me and the images that stick in my mind is during the "suffering" stages.

Finding him after his massive stroke and seeing the "pain" in his eyes when he couldnt communicate during the months in the hospital. Knowing that his quality of life would suck and if he had a choice wouldnt want to live like that. I think that is why he died of a heart attack........or a broken heart. He gave up because he knew what to expect.

JazzysMom

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.</end quote></div>

Dont under estimate a nine year old. I will say tho that he might not be able to comprehend the progressive/end stages of CF until its there, but quite frankly as Allie, Lisa & Karen would verify.......I dont think anyone can until you are there!

For me its the "suffering" during end stage that scares me more then death itself. When my Dad died it was painful, but what haunts me and the images that stick in my mind is during the "suffering" stages.

Finding him after his massive stroke and seeing the "pain" in his eyes when he couldnt communicate during the months in the hospital. Knowing that his quality of life would suck and if he had a choice wouldnt want to live like that. I think that is why he died of a heart attack........or a broken heart. He gave up because he knew what to expect.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.</end quote>

JazzysMom

Lady, your son is NINE. Psychologically, he cannot comprehend the question you asked him in the same way a reasoned adult can.</end quote>

C

ColinDShots

I'm not sure I could ever forgive my parents for having me if they knew there was a possablity of me having CF. I see how bad my Dad and Mom feel about it and I was there first and only kid. I'm seen my dad cry sometimes, and that is the only thing I have ever seen him cry about. It is all bad. Adopt, You will love them as much as You love Your other kids.

Colin 24w/cf

C

ColinDShots

I'm not sure I could ever forgive my parents for having me if they knew there was a possablity of me having CF. I see how bad my Dad and Mom feel about it and I was there first and only kid. I'm seen my dad cry sometimes, and that is the only thing I have ever seen him cry about. It is all bad. Adopt, You will love them as much as You love Your other kids.

Colin 24w/cf

C

ColinDShots

Colin 24w/cf