Tonights Private Practice episode - CF & B Cepacia

JazzysMom

I tried to watch, but for reasons beyond my control didnt see the whole thing uninterupted so there are a few things that are unclear to me.

What happened to the Gracies Mom? The Dad has CF as well as Gracie? The son?

I suppose exposure is good, but when just words say how dangerous it can be, but actions like gowning up etc are ignored I think it loses impact. Visuals are so important at times to get the point across.

JazzysMom

I tried to watch, but for reasons beyond my control didnt see the whole thing uninterupted so there are a few things that are unclear to me.

I suppose exposure is good, but when just words say how dangerous it can be, but actions like gowning up etc are ignored I think it loses impact. Visuals are so important at times to get the point across.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />What happened to the Gracies Mom? The Dad has CF as well as Gracie? The son?
<br />
<br />I suppose exposure is good, but when just words say how dangerous it can be, but actions like gowning up etc are ignored I think it loses impact. Visuals are so important at times to get the point across.

Landy

I watched too and echo the sentiment about "any mention of CF in mainstream is good", but I have some ??? as well.

1) How did the father manage to father not one, but 2 kids, especially if mama had CF too (if this is the case--didn't catch that part)? That's a lot of IVF expenses, IMO...

2) Did anyone else think they pronounced "Burkholderia" incorrectly, or do I? Has anyone else heard it pronounced without the 'ia' at the end?

It seemed a bit unrealistic to me, so much so that it wasn't even a tear jerker for me. I wondered how parents handled it though?

Landy

I watched too and echo the sentiment about "any mention of CF in mainstream is good", but I have some ??? as well.

1) How did the father manage to father not one, but 2 kids, especially if mama had CF too (if this is the case--didn't catch that part)? That's a lot of IVF expenses, IMO...

2) Did anyone else think they pronounced "Burkholderia" incorrectly, or do I? Has anyone else heard it pronounced without the 'ia' at the end?

It seemed a bit unrealistic to me, so much so that it wasn't even a tear jerker for me. I wondered how parents handled it though?

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />
<br />1) How did the father manage to father not one, but 2 kids, especially if mama had CF too (if this is the case--didn't catch that part)? That's a lot of IVF expenses, IMO...
<br />
<br />2) Did anyone else think they pronounced "Burkholderia" incorrectly, or do I? Has anyone else heard it pronounced without the 'ia' at the end?
<br />
<br />It seemed a bit unrealistic to me, so much so that it wasn't even a tear jerker for me. I wondered how parents handled it though?
<br />
<br />

jaimers

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Marjolein</b></i>

I watch Private Practice. We just had a season starting again last week.

I'm in the Netherlands though so I think I need to wait for a little bit longer, probably next season, before I will see the show about CF. But I will be watching for sure.</end quote></div>

Marjoline,

I think if you go to abc.com after today, u will be able to watch the episode on the internet</end quote></div>

unfortunately you have to be in the US to watch ABC shows online....i've tried multiple times here in italy and it comes up with a message on the screen saying i can't because i'm not in the US.

jaimers

Super Moderator

I'm in the Netherlands though so I think I need to wait for a little bit longer, probably next season, before I will see the show about CF. But I will be watching for sure.</end quote></div>

Marjoline,

I think if you go to abc.com after today, u will be able to watch the episode on the internet</end quote></div>

unfortunately you have to be in the US to watch ABC shows online....i've tried multiple times here in italy and it comes up with a message on the screen saying i can't because i'm not in the US.

jaimers

Super Moderator

Marjoline,

jaimers

Super Moderator

I'm in the Netherlands though so I think I need to wait for a little bit longer, probably next season, before I will see the show about CF. But I will be watching for sure.</end quote>

Marjoline,

I think if you go to abc.com after today, u will be able to watch the episode on the internet</end quote>

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Marjolein</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I watch Private Practice. We just had a season starting again last week.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I'm in the Netherlands though so I think I need to wait for a little bit longer, probably next season, before I will see the show about CF. But I will be watching for sure.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Marjoline,
<br />
<br />I think if you go to abc.com after today, u will be able to watch the episode on the internet</end quote>
<br />
<br />unfortunately you have to be in the US to watch ABC shows online....i've tried multiple times here in italy and it comes up with a message on the screen saying i can't because i'm not in the US.
<br />
<br />

JenDiS

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jennie</b></i>

I didn't like how they used the word "die"... "They will die if they are together in the same room".
As a CF'er I, and we, know the difference here... what B Cepatia does to our bodies. But the general public probley gets the idea that once you get BC its as fast as getting hit by a bus.

On another note... I'm proud that prime time tv shows are opening up to CF.</end quote></div>

I felt the EXACT same way when I watched it...I did not like the show...the drama between the doctors was too annoying to I turned it off half way through...I think when it comes to CF and people trying to portray it on a show they really do need to do their research first.

JenDiS

I didn't like how they used the word "die"... "They will die if they are together in the same room".
As a CF'er I, and we, know the difference here... what B Cepatia does to our bodies. But the general public probley gets the idea that once you get BC its as fast as getting hit by a bus.

On another note... I'm proud that prime time tv shows are opening up to CF.</end quote></div>

I felt the EXACT same way when I watched it...I did not like the show...the drama between the doctors was too annoying to I turned it off half way through...I think when it comes to CF and people trying to portray it on a show they really do need to do their research first.

JenDiS

JenDiS

On another note... I'm proud that prime time tv shows are opening up to CF.</end quote>

JenDiS

<br />
<br />I didn't like how they used the word "die"... "They will die if they are together in the same room".
<br />As a CF'er I, and we, know the difference here... what B Cepatia does to our bodies. But the general public probley gets the idea that once you get BC its as fast as getting hit by a bus.
<br />
<br />On another note... I'm proud that prime time tv shows are opening up to CF.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I felt the EXACT same way when I watched it...I did not like the show...the drama between the doctors was too annoying to I turned it off half way through...I think when it comes to CF and people trying to portray it on a show they really do need to do their research first.