Tonights Private Practice episode - CF & B Cepacia

Buckeye

As a parent of a CFer I was pissed off.<P>The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).

Buckeye

As a parent of a CFer I was pissed off.<P>The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

As a parent of a CFer I was pissed off.<P>The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.<p>My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Buckeye</b></i>

As a parent of a CFer I was pissed off.

The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.

My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).</end quote></div>

Pam, that was my take too. It wasn't the tear jerker I thought it would be, because it just seemed too unrealistic. :shrug:

M

Mommafirst

The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.

My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).</end quote></div>

Pam, that was my take too. It wasn't the tear jerker I thought it would be, because it just seemed too unrealistic. :shrug:

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).</end quote>

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />As a parent of a CFer I was pissed off.
<br />
<br />The only redeeming value of the show was that they showed an adult having CF which may bring a little more awareness that this is not just a kid's disease - I think the vast majority of people still think all CFers die very young. Other than that there were too many inconsistencies.
<br />
<br />My thought was that they developed a story line they wanted to do (father having to choose between two sick kids) and then threw a disease in there that might work with that story line (it didn't work).</end quote>
<br />
<br />Pam, that was my take too. It wasn't the tear jerker I thought it would be, because it just seemed too unrealistic. :shrug:
<br />
<br />

momtoCory

Cory watched it from the hospital. Since he lives with Cepacia, he thought it would interesting to watch. His words "Crap!"

I must agree that more research was needed before they tried to pull it off

momtoCory

Cory watched it from the hospital. Since he lives with Cepacia, he thought it would interesting to watch. His words "Crap!"

momtoCory

momtoCory

momtoCory

<br />
<br />I must agree that more research was needed before they tried to pull it off

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I will say it brought some attention and awareness to CF, but it was a bit over the top with the immediate death sentence and statements to that affect --- if you go in there you will die.

However, I DO hope my MIL watched the show 'cuz so far she just doesn't seem to get our concerns regarding infection control, cross contamination, etc.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I will say it brought some attention and awareness to CF, but it was a bit over the top with the immediate death sentence and statements to that affect --- if you go in there you will die.

However, I DO hope my MIL watched the show 'cuz so far she just doesn't seem to get our concerns regarding infection control, cross contamination, etc.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />However, I DO hope my MIL watched the show 'cuz so far she just doesn't seem to get our concerns regarding infection control, cross contamination, etc.