U don't look like u have CF

JORDYSMOM

These are too funny! My son also gets the questions. He is 6' tall and he works out, so has some muscle tone. I love Mel's idea and if I run into the same doc at the ER again I just may use it.

I took Jordan in late one night because he was having a lot of trouble breathing. They were busy because it was the weekend and told us they would get to us when they could. I said "well he has CF, so if you could just listen to him before you send me to the waiting room for 3 hours, I'd appreciate it." I swear he rolled his eyes at me!! He did listen and he did put us ahead of a few people, but I later heard him talking to another person and saying that he thought maybe "mom" was exagerating the illness to be seen more quickly! What an idiot.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

These are too funny! My son also gets the questions. He is 6' tall and he works out, so has some muscle tone. I love Mel's idea and if I run into the same doc at the ER again I just may use it.

I took Jordan in late one night because he was having a lot of trouble breathing. They were busy because it was the weekend and told us they would get to us when they could. I said "well he has CF, so if you could just listen to him before you send me to the waiting room for 3 hours, I'd appreciate it." I swear he rolled his eyes at me!! He did listen and he did put us ahead of a few people, but I later heard him talking to another person and saying that he thought maybe "mom" was exagerating the illness to be seen more quickly! What an idiot.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Emily65Roses

Jordysmom, you should've told a superior what you overheard him say. You could've gotten him in trouble. Especially when you prove to them that yes, he does have CF.

Emily65Roses

Jordysmom, you should've told a superior what you overheard him say. You could've gotten him in trouble. Especially when you prove to them that yes, he does have CF.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

bittyhorse23

I have never encountered this before thankfully because I have had the same doctor since my diagnosis.

But do healthcare workers REALLY think we would PRETEND to have this? I mean come on...it's rare so how would we even think of somehting like that...wouldn't Asthma be a better "pretend" disease LOL!!!

And to think these people are supposed to help us!!

bittyhorse23

I have never encountered this before thankfully because I have had the same doctor since my diagnosis.

But do healthcare workers REALLY think we would PRETEND to have this? I mean come on...it's rare so how would we even think of somehting like that...wouldn't Asthma be a better "pretend" disease LOL!!!

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

jfarel

Its one thing if a doctor doesn't know, but there are only about 30,000 people in the US with CF, many of whom have never even heard of it, so I don't think we should get upset for them not knowing about our disease. I however like the rest of you do get annoyed by it just the same.

I think it is inexcusable for an RT not to know about it as they treat people with respitory problems.

jfarel

Its one thing if a doctor doesn't know, but there are only about 30,000 people in the US with CF, many of whom have never even heard of it, so I don't think we should get upset for them not knowing about our disease. I however like the rest of you do get annoyed by it just the same.

I think it is inexcusable for an RT not to know about it as they treat people with respitory problems.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel