What does your child culture?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS cultured Pseudomonas A at 3 months, came home from the nicu with enterbactor cholea -- got rid of that. Cultured hemophilus influenzae until he was about 2 when he started zithromax -- hasn't cultured it since. He's been on Tobi off and on for the pseudo.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS cultured Pseudomonas A at 3 months, came home from the nicu with enterbactor cholea -- got rid of that. Cultured hemophilus influenzae until he was about 2 when he started zithromax -- hasn't cultured it since. He's been on Tobi off and on for the pseudo.

rcq925

Hayley is 3 and most of the time cultures Staph or Hempphilius Influenzae or both. She has also cultures Strep Pnuemonia once and Yeast twice. She cultured PA one time in July of 2006, I insisted on IV's and we have been PA clean since then!!

We normally do not treat H. Flu or Staph unless she is having symptoms. She is just finishing a 2 week course of oral Cleocin (clydamycin) for her staph which was causing a nasty cough. THat med is so gross! I am glad we are done with that today!

rcq925

Hayley is 3 and most of the time cultures Staph or Hempphilius Influenzae or both. She has also cultures Strep Pnuemonia once and Yeast twice. She cultured PA one time in July of 2006, I insisted on IV's and we have been PA clean since then!!

We normally do not treat H. Flu or Staph unless she is having symptoms. She is just finishing a 2 week course of oral Cleocin (clydamycin) for her staph which was causing a nasty cough. THat med is so gross! I am glad we are done with that today!

rcq925

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS wasn't put on the zithromax specifically for the H Flu, but just noticed it hasn't shown up in cultures since... Could just be a coincidence, too.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS wasn't put on the zithromax specifically for the H Flu, but just noticed it hasn't shown up in cultures since... Could just be a coincidence, too.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

zoe4life

Hi everyone! I was just wondering, when you all refer to staph, are you referring to MRSA/ORSA or are they 2 different kinds of staph?
Zoe has cultured MRSA/ORSA (lab results showed 'heavy growth' in her lungs when they did her bronch). Then when she got out of the hospital, got sicker, and she cultured c-diff.
So, she went off the iv's for the MRSA/ORSA, on Flagyl for the c-diff and a month of oral Bactrim for the MRSA/ORSA.

Thanks!

zoe4life

Hi everyone! I was just wondering, when you all refer to staph, are you referring to MRSA/ORSA or are they 2 different kinds of staph?
Zoe has cultured MRSA/ORSA (lab results showed 'heavy growth' in her lungs when they did her bronch). Then when she got out of the hospital, got sicker, and she cultured c-diff.
So, she went off the iv's for the MRSA/ORSA, on Flagyl for the c-diff and a month of oral Bactrim for the MRSA/ORSA.

Thanks!

zoe4life

Thanks!

zoe4life

Thanks!

zoe4life

Thanks!

zoe4life

Thanks!

chattyfamily

Hi,
Porter cultures staphylococcus aureus MSSA. That is all that it says on the paper. He has been on one course of Keflex when he had symptoms, still cultured it the next time. He is now on Bactrum for a sinus infection. He is not only culturing staph, but H Flu and something else (hopefully we will know tomorrow).

chattyfamily

Hi,
Porter cultures staphylococcus aureus MSSA. That is all that it says on the paper. He has been on one course of Keflex when he had symptoms, still cultured it the next time. He is now on Bactrum for a sinus infection. He is not only culturing staph, but H Flu and something else (hopefully we will know tomorrow).

chattyfamily

Hi,