Your FEV1 and pregnancy

K

Keepercjr

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?</end quote></div>

Wanderlost I agree - the more I learn about obstetrics, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, etc, the more I'm at a loss for words when I hear the ridiculous things some doctors are saying and doing.

Pre-pregnancy I was low to mid 60s
Don't remember during pregnancy
Post pregnancy, low 60s but am now 70%. I made a few changes in my life and started hypertonic saline so I credit my increased health to that. I will also start working out again (probably this week) so I hope to increase my #s even more.

K

Keepercjr

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?</end quote></div>

Wanderlost I agree - the more I learn about obstetrics, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, etc, the more I'm at a loss for words when I hear the ridiculous things some doctors are saying and doing.

Post pregnancy, low 60s but am now 70%. I made a few changes in my life and started hypertonic saline so I credit my increased health to that. I will also start working out again (probably this week) so I hope to increase my #s even more.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?</end quote>

K

Keepercjr

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?</end quote>

hbollotte

these are my stats during pregnancy so far
Nov. 79% - pre-preg, after fighting an infection
Mar. 79%
Apr. 76%
May 69%
Jun. 65%
Jul. 67%

and i go back to the clinic on wednesday so i will let you know what my fev1 is for august. i hope they've improved. this is the first year in about four years that i have ever gone below 70%, it sucks, but all i can do is comply with meds and try to exercise. i'm so not motivated to excersise and i know it would improve my lung function. i get on exercise kicks for a couple months, then i slack.

hbollotte

Mar. 79%
Apr. 76%
May 69%
Jun. 65%
Jul. 67%

and i go back to the clinic on wednesday so i will let you know what my fev1 is for august. i hope they've improved. this is the first year in about four years that i have ever gone below 70%, it sucks, but all i can do is comply with meds and try to exercise. i'm so not motivated to excersise and i know it would improve my lung function. i get on exercise kicks for a couple months, then i slack.

hbollotte

Mar. 79%
Apr. 76%
May 69%
Jun. 65%
Jul. 67%

hbollotte

Mar. 79%
Apr. 76%
May 69%
Jun. 65%
Jul. 67%

hbollotte

Mar. 79%
Apr. 76%
May 69%
Jun. 65%
Jul. 67%