Your FEV1 and pregnancy

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

df508 and one I can never rembmer - S529n or something like that</end quote></div>

df508 and s549i

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

df508 and one I can never rembmer - S529n or something like that</end quote></div>

df508 and s549i

wanderlost

df508 and s549i

wanderlost

df508 and one I can never rembmer - S529n or something like that</end quote>

df508 and s549i

wanderlost

df508 and one I can never rembmer - S529n or something like that</end quote>

df508 and s549i

helena

Hi,

Thank You for your answers to my FEV1 and prengancy question.

My FEV1 value have been around 50% now about 4 years. Now it is the 49%.

Mutation is DF508.

Br,
Helena

helena

Hi,

Mutation is DF508.

Br,
Helena

helena

Hi,

Mutation is DF508.

Br,
Helena

helena

Hi,

Mutation is DF508.

Br,
Helena

helena

Hi,

Mutation is DF508.

Br,
Helena

jbrandonAW

Well pre preggo they were 68%
At 9 weeks they were 41% (went into hospital and did meds - I didn't know I was sick thought it was "being preggo")
After 2weeks antibiotics they were 62%
I hope they get better - next PFTS oct 31.

O and I'm considered high risk too. I see 2 reg OB's (one of which as delievered a ton a babys whos mommys had CF) the other is the OB on base (they are clueless) I see one then 2 weeks later the other and so on. I saw a high risk in the hospital, but have yet to make the appointment

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.

jbrandonAW

At 9 weeks they were 41% (went into hospital and did meds - I didn't know I was sick thought it was "being preggo")

O and I'm considered high risk too. I see 2 reg OB's (one of which as delievered a ton a babys whos mommys had CF) the other is the OB on base (they are clueless) I see one then 2 weeks later the other and so on. I saw a high risk in the hospital, but have yet to make the appointment

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jbrandonAW</b></i>

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.</end quote></div>

Ask for literature, studies, med journal articles. While i can't defninitively say that no CF moms have had heart troubles - none of the ones I can think of on this site have reported that - and perhaps just because a Cf mom did have heart trouble - was it all related to the CF?

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jbrandonAW</b></i>

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.</end quote></div>

Ask for literature, studies, med journal articles. While i can't defninitively say that no CF moms have had heart troubles - none of the ones I can think of on this site have reported that - and perhaps just because a Cf mom did have heart trouble - was it all related to the CF?

Sometimes doctors just floor me. I realize that in general they are just trying to do what's best for mom and baby, but often I wonder what on earth they were thinking?

wanderlost

wanderlost

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.</end quote>

wanderlost

I agree my high risk OB, kind of thought I should abort b/c it could be bad for me. He also made me have an echo cardiogram ( b/c something about CF preggo women sometimes get heart problems, my CF doc had never heard of this) But he talked about doing ALL kinds of test, until I told him NO, I don't think he likes me. I said he could draw blood that was fine but nothing else.</end quote>