Search results

1. L

How's the healthcare and coverage in Colorado?

Hello everybody! I've made the decision that (pending job opportunities) I'm shooting to move to Colorado around June of this year. I want to go ahead and get started on the process of researching/taking the steps towards coverage (insurance, etc.), and I have no idea where to even start...
  2. L

Share your tips to improve day-to-day life!

Hey everybody! I'd like to start a running list of handy tips for a better life and health management! I was thinking of a few things I've discovered on my own that have helped me with my CF, time management with treatments, happiness, nutrition etc. and I'd love to compile the list and send...
  3. L

Making yourself available for international research?

My girlfriend and I are trying to take a trip to Thailand next Spring, and I've heard that CF is incredibly rare in Asia and sometimes university hospitals pay for some travel expenses in exchange for allowing their students to run medical tests etc. for educational purposes. I have no idea...
  4. L

An Overstock of Extra Enzymes

Hey everybody! I don't know if this is even doable or kosher (maybe there are legalities?) but I've been organizing all my meds and I have a MASSIVE back stock of Creon 24000 and Pertzy 16000. Some of it may be expiring (I've never noticed any difference with expired enzymes) soon. Anyway I...
  5. L

Dealing with Smoke and Fires

I live in Northern California where fires are not uncommon. As I'm sure you've heard we are having some pretty severe fires in the area at the moment and one of the side effects that nobody talks about is the SMOKE. I can tell if there's a fire in town/nearby the instant I wake up just by the...
  6. L

Cystic Fibrosis, Relationships and Wanting Children

I'm curious about those with CF and their desire for children. I'm dating the most amazing woman I've ever met, and she has been a better support for me and my health than I honestly knew how to imagine a significant other could be. She wants children more than anyone I've ever met, and...
  7. L

Woke up with constant chest pain. Any thoughts on what this could be?

I've never had anything like this before, and it's very strange... I've got a call into my doctor and hope to hear back tomorrow, but in the meantime I figured I'd ask this.... I woke up about 4am wide awake with excruciating chest pain. It didn't feel like it was in my lungs, it's right below...
  8. L

Gluten free? Anybody know anything?

I did a search and it doesn't look like there are any topics regarding this... Where I am in California 'Gluten free' is an extremely hot thing. I've done some research and haven't found a ton of data so have sort of assumed it was a fad and people were feeling a placebo effect or felt better...
  9. L

Oil Spills, Smog and Lungs?

I just came back from about a week and a half in Florida about a hundred miles east of the oil spills. It was exceptionally muggy and humid, to the point where technology (my phone and my vest system) completely fritzed from (I assumed) the moisture, but aside from that I didn't notice anything...
  10. L

If you were my age, with CF, what would you do differently for your health?

I am 23 (dx at birth) and -in my opinion- am very healthy for my age with CF. As my doctors say, it's "Half blessing, and half hard work and diligence!" -I take extremely good care of myself. However, recently, as I'm drawing closer to my mid-twenties (the age that all through high school I...
  11. L

The blessings of this year

When I was younger my family had what was called a "Blessings" jar. All throughout the year anytime there was a blessing -a positive checkup, a job promotion, a friend who blessed us, a positive revelation, etc.- we would write it down on a little piece of paper, uncork the jar, and place the...
  12. L

Celeste Kellogg in PopStar Magazine

Celeste Kellogg, an upcoming country/teen-pop artist starred in a film I helped produce early this year. Since then she's become like a surrogate little sister. A few months ago I helped produce her latest music video working as dance choreographer and assisting in directing. She is featured in...
  13. L

Share your exciting changes and adventures!

Hello everybody, I've had a couple of pretty exciting things happen in my life this past few weeks, and (without a desire to brag) it got me thinking; usually updates are only shared when something huge happens (like lung transplants, births, etc.) but what about the little things? So, give...
  14. L

Saline Flushes, Hep-Lock, etc.

I'm preparing for a move and have a box full of Saline Vials, with two bags of Hep-Lock, a PICC dressing change, shower glove, etc. from when I had a PICC-Line in May. If there's anybody having trouble with healthcare etc. and could use this stuff, let me know (please don't PM me, post it here...
  15. L

christiecookies.com?

I heard of this website through a theater I used to work for... evidently it's a website that gives like $10,000 to the highest voted charity. I didn't see the theater anywhere in the top listings, but I saw the Nashville Cystic Fibrosis foundation. www.christiecookies.com
  16. L

Healthcare in California

Alright I posted this in "Healthcare" but still haven't gotten any responses. I've been offered an at home job with a company in N. California that would require about 6 months of self study, and I also found a great deal for a place to live in that same town in California. At the same time...
  17. L

California Coverage

Hello everyone, I brought up this topic a few years ago because I was considering relocating from TN to CA and I wanted to see my options. Now some circumstances have changed in Tennessee and I've been offered a place in N. California if I decide to relocate, so I want to know if there is any...
  18. L

Anybody have any health question suggestions?

Hi everybody, been a long, long while. So to make a long story short, in calling into a radio station I was given a free hour consult with Dr. Josh Axe, a well known talk show host who runs the Exodus Health Center here in Nashville. He specializes in health, more specifically nutrition etc...
  19. L

North Carolina Healthcare... again

Alright. Hello everybody, been awhile, it's been a CRAZY past 6 months for me. I won't go into the whole story, so here's a very brief summary: I'm currently on my way to Nashville, I have a huge opportunity in the Franklin area that will run until the 17th. I have found a perfect living...
  20. L

Food stamps for CF?

I had never even thought about food stamps because I always thought it was for like the homeless or something. But I drove one of my co-workers home and he mentioned that he was on food stamps and I asked him about it. He spent some time telling me about the process and how easy it was getting...